Dalaran Heist is a solo adventure from Rise of Shadows based on Dungeon Run with tons of new customization options.
It's initial release was May 16th 2019 and the final wing opened June 6th 2019. - Patch Notes
Table of Contents
- Content Overview
- Adventure Pricing
- Run Progression
- Chapters & Twists
- Additional Modes
- Card Pools
- 'Bosses' of Dalaran
- 'Heroes' of Dalaran
- Tavern Encounters
- Single-Use Treasures
- Passive Treasures
- Balance Changes
- Cinematic Trailer
- Nine new playable heroes.
- Each has three Hero Powers and Decks to be unlocked. You can find them all listed below!
- Five different chapters, each with unique challenges and encounters.
- Tavern Encounters allow you to modify your deck even further throughout your runs.
- Anomaly Mode allows you to play with randomized special rules.
- Heroic Mode presents you with the ultimate difficulty for each encounter.
- Earn the Prize of Shadows card back and golden Classic pack for completing all 5 chapters.
- Another card back, Got Away With It!, is available for completing all chapters in Heroic Mode as well.
- To check out these and all other card backs please visit our gallery!
- The first chapter, Dalaran Bank, is available for free! You begin with the mage hero Rakanishu on a mission to loot the bank's most precious artifacts.
- You can unlock the remaining four wings all at once for $19.99 USD or individually for $6.99 USD or 700 gold each.
- Each additional chapter also unlocks two corresponding heroes!
- Each Chapter will reward you with three Rise of Shadows packs after defeating the first 5 bosses!
- Receive a golden copy of Zayle, Shadow Cloak when you own all five chapters!
Each run follows a consistent pattern in terms of when you get to choose a treasure, visit the tavern, and choose new cards. Here's how it goes:
- Win 1: Choose 3 cards and 1 Passive Treasure.
- Win 2: Choose 3 cards.
- Win 3: Choose 3 cards, a Treasure, and visit the Tavern.
- Win 4: Choose 3 cards.
- Win 5: Choose 3 cards, a Passive Treasure, and visit the Tavern.
- Win 6: Choose 3 cards.
- Win 7: Choose 3 cards and a final Treasure.
The exception to this being the final chapter in which there are 12 bosses. In this chapter, you get more to choose from.
Chapters & Twists
Each chapter of the adventure presents a unique twist that will challenge you throughout all encounters. This will be consistent each time it is played.
- Dalaran Bank
- Coin-Filled Coffers: A Cache of Cash will start on each boss's board.
- The Violet Hold
- Imprisoned Minions: A minion will start dormant on each side of the field.
- It will be freed when an amount of turns equal to it's cost have passed.
- Streets of Dalaran
- The Underbelly
- Swapped Attack & Health: A simple twist that swaps all attack and health values for all minions.
- Kirin'Tor Citadel
Boss encounters weren't challenging enough for you? Take them on again with the difficulty turned up to the max. Each boss has greatly improved capabilities to offer a SUPREME challenge, and completing all chapters in this mode will reward you with an exclusive card back.
This is an optional level of chaos you can enable at any time before you begin a run. This will add a random set of special rules that are guaranteed to make for a crazier experience. It won't necessarily be harder, but it will play very differently.
Below is a list of known rule-sets for this mode, but there's definitely more out there. If you have played one that isn't on this list, let us know!
- Arcane - All spells cost 2 less.
- Crying - All Battlecries trigger twice.
- Dragon Soul - After a player casts 3 spells in a turn, that player summons a 5/5 dragon.
- Fishy - Murlocs occasionally join the battle.
- Glittering - After a card is played that costs 8 or more, gain a Treasure.
- Growing - Minions gain +1/+1 at the end of their owner's turn.
- Gorged - Both players start with two extra cards and Mana crystals.
- Hallucinating - Both players start with 10 Hallucinations in their deck.
- Infused - Summoning minions will give them Taunt, Divine Shield, Rush, or Windfury at random.
- Nesting - After a minion is played, it gains "Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 copy of this minion."
- Ogreish - All minions have a 50% chance to attack the wrong enemy.
- Reductive - At the end of each player's turn, reduce the cost of cards in their hand by 1.
- Wild Magic - All spells cast an additional time (Targets chosen randomly).
We've put together an exhaustive list of all possible cards in the pools from which the three-card bundles are generated! Follow this link to check it out!
'Bosses' of Dalaran
Want to check out all of the many the bosses you can encounter playing Dalaran Heist? Head on over to our 'Bosses' of Dalaran guide!
'Heroes' of Dalaran
Each playable Hero has three Hero Powers and starting decks to choose from, however you only start with the first of each unlocked. Acquire the rest by fulfilling each particular requirement! The first hero comes with the free chapter, however to unlock additional heroes you must purchase the corresponding chapters with money or gold.
Chapter Unlocked: 2
Chapter Unlocked: 2
Chapter Unlocked: 3
Chapter Unlocked: 3
Chapter Unlocked: 4
Chapter Unlocked: 4
Chapter Unlocked: 5
George the Fallen
Chapter Unlocked: 5
Twice within a run you will visit the tavern where a friendly bartender will await you. You'll have some options at your disposal which will modify your deck and the minions available.
Take this opportunity to remove some cards, add others, manipulate stats and more! Here are all of the options:
During each run you will have to choose between three Single-Use Treasures after your third and seventh wins. Choose whichever is most valuable, and build your deck around them!
During each run you will have to choose between three Passive Treasures after your first and fifth wins. Choose whichever is most valuable, and build your deck around them!
Blizzard has kept an eye on the difficulty of Dalaran Heist since it's launch and have since made a couple batches of modifications including both buffs and nerfs. Let us know how you feel about these changes in the comments!
May 24 Update:
We’ve just applied the following adjustments to the The Dalaran Heist solo adventure. You will not need to patch your game client in order to receive these updates.
- Adjusted the rarity of some passive Treasures.
- Slightly increased the power of the “Togwaggle's Dice” Treasure.
- Note: Togwaggle’s Dice does not randomize between 0 and 10, it increases or decreases the cost of cards at random.
- Normal Encounter Adjustments:
- Decreased the power of Vas'No’s deck.
- Heroic Encounter Adjustments:
- Changed the theme and playstyle of Sky Captain Smiggs’ deck to be more aggressive.
- Increased the cost of Anarii Duskgrove’s “Summon Protectors” to (3).
- Increased the power of the following Heroic encounter decks:
- The Amazing "Bonepaw"
- Dagg Cruelmight
- Dalaran Fountain Golem
- Kazamon Steelskin
- Valdera Highborne
- Ol' Toomba
- Millificent Manastorm
- Decreased the power of the following Heroic encounter decks:
- Linzi Redgrin
- Aki the Brilliant
- Haro Setting-Sun
- Anarii Duskgrove
- Tala Stonerage
- Disidra Stormglory
- Ranger Ar'ha
- Ungan Oddkind
- Bookmaster Bae Chao
- Fixed a bug that caused Queen Wagtoggle’s Hero Power to summon low-cost minions too frequently.
- Fixed a bug where Xur'ios would use his Normal deck in Heroic mode.
The Dalaran Heist Balance Changes – July 1, 2019
Today we will be applying the following adjustments to the The Dalaran Heist solo adventure:
Moved some Normal and Heroic bosses to different difficulty tiers.
Adjusted the contents of the following starting decks:
- Skulker (Captain Eudora)
** Removed Stolen Steel and Unidentified Contract
** Added Deadly Fork and Eviscerate
- Dead Man’s Tale (Captain Eudora)
** Removed Violet Haze and Southsea Squidface
** Added Buccaneer and Violet Illusionist
- Kobold’s Desire (Captain Eudora)
** Removed Daring Escape and Shadowcaster
** Added Dark Iron Skulker and Pogo-Hopper
- Boomin’ (Mr. Chu)
** Removed Dr. Boom's Scheme
** Added Piloted Shredder
- Disciplined (Kriziki)
** Removed Lightspawn
** Added Kabal Talonpriest
- Shadows (Kriziki)
** Removed Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Pain, and Shadowbomber
** Added Crystallizer, Spirit Lash, and Shadow Word: Death
- Visions (Kriziki)
** Removed Lazul's Scheme
** Added Resurrect
- Decreased the cost of Whirt the All-Knowing’s Prediction Hero Power to (1)
- Decreased the power of Archmage Vargoth’s deck.
- Decreased the appearance rate of Haro Setting-Sun.
- Decreased the power of the following bosses’ decks: Carousel Gryphon, Applebough, Linzi Redgrin, Captain Hannigan, Xur'ios, Disidra Stormglory, Chomper, Anarii Duskgrove, Zuramat the Obliterator, Jepetto Joybuzz, Vas'No, Ranger Ar'ha, Tala Stonerage, and Kara Stamper.
- Increased the power of the following bosses’ decks: Dalaran Fountain Golem, Lieutenant Sinclari, Flight master Belnaara, Nozari, Dagg Cruelmight, Sharky McFin, Queen Wagtoggle, Dazzik "Hellscream", Draemus, and Madam Goya.
- Increased the cost of Applebough's Apple Toss Hero Power to (3)
- Increased the cost of Captain Hannigan’s Raise the Alarm Hero Power to (1)
- Increased the cost of Chomper’s Chomp Hero Power to (3)
- Decreased the Attack reduction on Haro Setting-Sun’s Darken Hero Power from -2 to -1
- Decreased the cost of Whirt the All-Knowing’s Prediction Hero Power to (1).
- Decreased the cost of Ol' Toomba’s Tales of Fortune Hero Power to (1).