Blizzard has yet to announce their plans for the 2019 season, featuring a new competitive format. Originally due to be released Tuesday, this has been postponed until Thursday according to an email from Blizzard received by Tom Matthiesen .
What changes do you want to see made to the Hearthstone Championship Tour? Last November , Blizzard commented on feedback they received which said the system was challenging to follow, not veyr accessible to new players, and ultimately unsustainable to pros. Here is what we know so far:
- There will be hundreds of qualifier tournaments next year. No region locks.
- Three invite-only events will take place with invites going out to players who have won qualifier events .
- Top players will compete in "premier" events. Seasonal, round-robin online competition with regional divisions.
- Transition rewards for Hearthstone Competitive Point-earners so work this year is rewarded.
- 2018/2019 Transition Period - Official Competition Rules (PDF)
Choose Your Champion Returns Wednesday
Everyone's favourite Choose Your Champion returns this week. We'll be choosing our champion for the upcoming Hearthstone Winter Championship. Here's the groups breakdown so you can start thinking about who you want to pick.
We'll have a reminder up when the webpage goes live.
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|