Twitch Rivals returns for another season and with it, the Hearthstone Team Arena Challenge taking place this week on June 26.
Twitch Rivals: Hearthstone Team Arena Challenge is an online invitational competition. The tournament will feature a live broadcast on twitch.tv/twitchrivals. Each participant will also be streaming their perspective on their own channels.
Schedule & Stream
- Stream begins - 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 18:00 CEST
- Phase 1 begins - 9:15am PDT / 12:15pm EDT / 18:15 CEST
- Phase 2 begins - 3:15pm PDT / 6:15pm EDT / 00:15 CEST
- Teams will be comprised of 2 players and may draft, discuss, and help each other in any way they see fit.
- All players will only be allowed to play Hearthstone’s Arena game mode. No constructed, Tavern Brawl, Solo Adventure, or other game modes allowed.
- There will be 2 phases of competition:
- Phase 1 is the High Score phase where teams will combine their individual 3 runs (6 runs total) to make a team high score.
- Phase 2 is the Final Showdown phase where the top 4 teams from Phase 1 will fight for first place.
- Phase 1 - Team High Score
- All players may play up to three (3) total Arena runs.
- The team’s total high score will be a number of wins acquired across the team’s six (6) total runs.
- A conceded/retired run counts as a completed run.
- No real money may be spent on Arena entries. Only gold.
- Phase 2 - Final Showdown
- The top 4 teams will face-off in a single-elimination bracket.
u/seewhyKai from the ArenaHS reddit put together a list from bits of information found online from players who publicly announced or were mentioned to be participating (list below). So far we have 65 known names.
/edit: official attendee list is starting to fill up too.
Most of these should be accurate, but things can change, for ex. Merps was first supposed to be teaming up with Hafu instead of Kibler, but she wont be participating after all.
Last Twitch Rivals Team Arena Challenge
Last season winners were team ADWCTA and TTEXXX with 56 total wins across 6 runs (3 each) from a maximum of 72 possible wins. They seem to be at it again. Our very own Boozor managed to get 3rd place last time, together with his teammate dreads they scored a total of 54 wins. Just two wins shy of the first place! Dreads is said to be casting the event this time around, so Boozor teamed up with Sunglitters instead. Speaking of Boozor, you can tune in to his stream down below.
Thoughts on Twitch Rivals Team Arena Challenge
This time around, Twitch Rivals is much stricter since conceded/retired runs are now considered a complete run and one player may only play up to three (3) runs total. This ruins the strategy from last season which was to concede your runs until you get a "perfect" starting deck. This should bring some additional entertainment value and with the increased prize pool from $10,000 last season to $25,000, that makes choices that much more important and only the best at drafting RNG will make it to the top.
Also, it is worth mentioning that this is the first major Arena tournament being held after the last arena balance update which brings classes closer to even winrates. Even though players have their class preferences, there is less chance of players getting a pool of only "bad" classes.
Tune in tomorrow and support your favourites. Best of luck to everyone competing and may the best team blessed by RNGesus win!