Kripparrian's Tavern Series (a part of the Doritos' Disruptor Series) continues on Twitch today with the newest mode to be added to Hearthstone - Duels!
16 Streamers have assembled into 2 teams of 8 to play in the event which has each player earning points based on a meme-tastic scoring structure (more on that in a moment). The first-place team will take home $6600 split amongst the team, Doritos swag, and Doritos for a Year!
All the action is being streamed on Kripparrian's Twitch which is embedded below and will be cast by Kripp and Brian "Don't Call Me Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler" Kibler. Standings are available on the official Twitch Versus site.
Hearthstone Duels Twitch Drops Active
Drops for Duels has begun! These are active now and run for the next 2 weeks so get your free early access to Duels by watching Hearthstone on Twitch.
From October 28 at 10:00 a.m. PT to November 11 at 11:00 p.m. PT, we’ll also be giving away Duels: Early Access to 500 random viewers every hour, across the entire Hearthstone category on Twitch! Watch any Hearthstone stream to be eligible to receive a drop, so long as your Battle.net and Twitch accounts are linked.
Link Your Accounts
Before you can receive rewards, you'll need to link your Twitch.tv and Battle.net accounts. Here's how:
- Log in or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you're currently logged into the Battle.net account on which you'd like to receive your rewards.
Kripp's Tavern: Duels Format
- Games are played using the public matchmaking queue
- Players have four (4) hours to earn as many points as possible for their team through a combination of Wins and Memes/Achievements.
- Players have an unlimited number of runs during the time limit
- Each player may only earn a maximum of fifteen (15) points for their team.
- The team with the most cumulative points after the time limit ends, wins.
- At the end of the time limit, players may play out their current game. Players may not begin any games after the time has expired.
- Players may not retire runs
- Players may not concede games if there is a reasonable chance of winning
- Break requirements have been removed from the previous ruleset.
Kripp's Tavern: Duels Scoring
Players are responsible for submitting screenshots (or clips) for completed runs and/or when an achievement is completed. Players may submit screenshots for an incomplete run at the end of the tournament, or whenever their current record would put them at the point cap.
- Players earn Points from each run: +1 Point for every win over 3 (i.e. a 5-win run rewards 2 Points).
Additionally, there are memes to be had! Each player can complete each of these criteria only once.
- Attack with a Doomsayer
- Obtain the Polymorph card from Babbling Book
- Have a Deathwing with exactly 1/1 in stats
- Reach five (5) or more wins with Prince Malchezaar in your starting deck
- Reach five (5) or more wins with Stonetusk Boar in your starting deck
- Have two (2) Thaddius on your board at one time
- Have seven (7) minions with Divine Shield on your board at one time
- Have a weapon with ten (10) Attack or more
- Have a minion with fifteen (15) Attack or more
- Have a minion with fifteen (15) Health or more