We've got info on the Priest portion of the Book of Heroes adventure coming to Hearthstone in February 2021!
Anduin is the fifth hero getting the Book of Heroes treatment, following in the footsteps of Jaina, Rexxar, Garrosh, and Uther. Here's all the information we have on Anduin so far, so be warned, spoilers below! If you want to see all the cards added in this week's patch, you'll want to head on over to our card database.
What is the Book of Heroes?
Book of Heroes is a new, free round of single-player content coming to Hearthstone over the next year. We'll get to explore the stories of all 10 of Hearthstone's basic heroes in a linear adventure format and earning a special class-specific card pack for our efforts.
A Father's Pride
Like every father, Varian only wants what's best for his child. Even if he has no idea what that is...
- Anduin: When I was a boy, my father ruled as the King of Stormwind… and I was his most loyal subject.
- Anduin: I remember him as the hero of all my stories. He fought dragons to save me. He won every battle.
- Anduin: But as I got older, I learned that he couldn't always be the savior I needed.
- Anduin: Not this again…
- Varian: It's time I saw to your training, my son.
- Anduin: Every rule has an exception.
- Anduin: Then why is it so heavy?!
- Anduin: I just don't know what kind of warrior I could be.
- Anduin: That's not what I meant.
- Varian: There are many great warriors in our family. You will be another.
- Varian: Take up your sword, Anduin. You were meant to hold one.
- Varian: Ah, you have so many options! Arms, fury, protection…
- Varian: All right. I think it would be best if you trained with someone else.
- Varian: The dwarves might be able to show you what I cannot. Their strength is truly something to behold.
- Varian: We can train again as soon as you are ready. I'm always here for you.
- Varian: You take after your mother, don't you? If only she were still with us.
- Varian: Our family has many enemies. I need you to be ready when they strike.
- Varian: A gentle heart cannot win wars.
- Varian: Focus!
- Varian: Put your heart into it.
- Varian: You must try harder.
- Varian: We can talk later, Anduin.
The archmage gave you the power to visit her in Theramore whenever you want! Like right now.
- Anduin: With the aid of King Magni, I expected to become a mighty warrior, but instead, I was one of few to witness his tragic loss.
- Anduin: When his estranged daughter, Moira, arrived to claim his throne, I knew it would drive my father to war.
- Anduin: I couldn't let that happen! I turned to my friend Jaina, who had always been there for me.
- Anduin: Please, we have to prevent my father from attacking Moira.
- Jaina: Anduin, what are you doing here?
- Jaina: It's best you stay out of this one.
- Anduin: I can't. He doesn't know her like I do. She will listen to reason.
- Anduin: Moira is the rightful heir. She just needs guidance.
- Anduin: But she just wants peace!
- Anduin: That's what I've been saying! She needs guidance.
- Jaina: Are you sure about that?
- Jaina: The time for that passed long ago. She's with the Dark Iron dwarves—our enemies.
- Jaina: She's not off to a very good start, then.
- Anduin: I do.
- Jaina: You're right… You have to stop your father. But you'd better make it worth the risk, do you understand?
- Jaina: And here, you'll need to dress the part.
- Jaina: I'm sorry, Anduin. You'll be safer this way.
- Jaina: I sympathize with you, truly, but dwarven politics are just…
- Jaina: If only King Magni were still here to tell us what he wants us to do.
- Jaina: If Moira wants reconciliation, why has she closed off the city of Ironforge?
- Jaina: You're still learning.
- Jaina: Your father wouldn't like this!
- Jaina: Don't be so reckless!
- Jaina: Can't we put this behind us and have a nice cup of tea?
Heirs to the Throne
Help Moira and Varian resolve their differences peacefully before war breaks out!
- Anduin: Thanks to Jaina's aid, I arrived in Ironforge just in time.
- Anduin: My father and his SI:7 assassins were almost to the city. I feared for the worst for Moira and her son…
- Anduin: I don't have much time…
- Moira: Find the intruders!
- Anduin: I have to pacify Moira's guards before my father arrives!
- Anduin: The Dark Iron guards have been imprisoning any who resist her rule.
- Anduin: Please! We can resolve this together.
- Varian: Behold the usurper!
- Varian: Anduin, listen to me. Thaurissan ensorcelled Moira and turned her against her people.
- Moira: I am the king's sole heir, whether ye like it or not.
- Moira: My husband did no such thing! And yet, my father's forces still killed him.
- Anduin: Is this what Magni would want? The death of his only daughter?
- Varian: No. She may rule, but not alone. Form a council between the three clans. And do not disappoint me.
- Moira: And here I thought my coronation would be a day of joy…
- Moira: Of course these fools don't accept me. My own father didn't either.
- Moira: My son will bring unity between the Bronzebeards and the Dark Irons.
- Moira: People tell lies about me because they don't wannae understand the truth.
- Moira: Hold yer tongue!
- Moira: Obey the queen.
- Moira: Ironforge is mine.
- Moira: What great friends we could've been…
The Prophet's Wisdom
The ancient leader of the draenei knows much about the Light, but not human nature...
- Anduin: My father listened to me that day, but not the ones that followed…
- Anduin: For increasingly, I could feel the Light calling to me, drawing me away from the path of a warrior.
- Anduin: When I had the chance to train under Velen, I seized it, hoping that one day my father would understand.
- Anduin: Nothing would please me more.
- Velen: Let us continue your studies, young prince.
- Anduin: I wish only to be worthy.
- Anduin: Some. I don't think he has seen the Light's purpose for me yet.
- Anduin: Like what?
- Velen: It is so rare to see one as you—truly blessed by the Light.
- Velen: Have you had word from your father?
- Velen: He will.
- Velen: The Light has so much in store for you.
- Velen: I cannot see it all, only that you are essential.
- Anduin: With a teacher like you, I could do no less.
- Velen: I know your father's hesitance weighs on you, but you have made the right choice.
- Velen: Few priests have ascended so quickly.
- Velen: Do not be discouraged, Anduin. This is only the start of your journey.
- Velen: I hope you have enjoyed your time here in Exodar. Stormwind may seem strange to you now.
- Velen: Our people do not easily understand each other, but together, we will empower the Alliance.
- Velen: I will always be here to counsel you.
- Velen: The Light flows…
- Velen: Be as one…
- Velen: United in the Light!
- Velen: A curious observation.
On the Eve of Battle
Your diplomatic mission to Pandaria was going well�until you were captured by the Horde general.
- Anduin: I stayed with Velen until the Horde attacked Jaina in Theramore. The loss of her home changed her… and there was nothing I could do to ease her pain.
- Anduin: Under Warchief Garrosh's leadership, the Horde became increasingly aggressive.
- Anduin: It wasn't long until I had my own encounter with the orcs when I was captured in Pandaria.
- Anduin: Sir, I demand to be released to my father's custody!
- Nazgrim: What's this? An Alliance boy? Here? Wait, I know your face—the son of Varian Wrynn!
- Anduin: I would greatly prefer you didn't.
- Anduin: My father will pay my ransom, I promise! You'd be very wealthy.
- Anduin: Oh? What would those be?
- Nazgrim: Hah! Make another demand, princeling, and I'll release your head from your shoulders!
- Nazgrim: Wealth is for weaklings.
- Nazgrim: You waste my time! I have other matters to attend to… things to search for…
- Nazgrim: Nothing I'd tell Alliance scum!
- Anduin: And I'll just be going now…
- Nazgrim: Then the time for war is at hand! Gather the recruits. We march against the Alliance.
- HordeAdventurer: The reports are complete, General.
- Nazgrim: I had planned to return him alive, but this will do.
- Nazgrim: The Warchief told me to take Pandaria for the Horde. Why else would I be here training monkeys?
- Nazgrim: I swear, the Alliance are even more trouble than these hozen.
- Nazgrim: Garrosh believes there are valuable treasures hidden in this land… Treasures that could crush our foes.
- Nazgrim: Stay put!
- Nazgrim: No escaping!
- Nazgrim: Not on my watch.
- Nazgrim: Is this a ruse?
In Pursuit of Legend
Myth holds that this enigmatic figure knew the location of the Harmonic Mallet before he was imprisoned.
- Anduin: I escaped from the Horde camp, but there was much left for me to do in Pandaria.
- Anduin: When I learned the Warchief had obtained a powerful artifact, the Divine Bell, I knew we needed a counter. Fortunately, legends revealed one: the Harmonic Mallet.
- Anduin: But it was hidden away by a strange creature called the Monkey King… and he himself had been imprisoned for many years.
- Anduin: I'll try to free him… Here goes nothing!
- MonkeyKing: Iiiiiiiiii'm back Wikkets!
- Anduin: Thank you, but this is hardly the time.
- Anduin: A dangerous war leader has found the Divine Bell. We need the Harmonic Mallet to stop him.
- MonkeyKing: You saved me from an eternity trapped in jade! I'm gonna throw you the biggest party ever made!
- MonkeyKing: Three riddles I will ask. These riddles are a task. Finish each without pause, then I will help your cause.
- MonkeyKing: Seek out the creature sad and somber, and free it from its untamed amber.
- MonkeyKing: Bring to me a metal brew, then I will share the mallet with you.
- MonkeyKing: A test of strength the Monkey King will require, before you receive this tool of your desire.
- Anduin: Ah, great. More work.
- MonkeyKing: Mogu are not bright, they fail to see things for what they are.
- MonkeyKing: The Monkey King broke the mallet and sent the pieces afar.
- MonkeyKing: The head, the handle, these two must be made as one.
- MonkeyKing: Combined with evil's ointment, the bell's evil can be undone.
- MonkeyKing: Take some care, little thing. You deal with the Monkey King!
- MonkeyKing: The Divine Bell was made for the Thunder King, but it should've belonged to the Monkey King!
- MonkeyKing: Mogu are fools who love to fight, but clever hozen party every night!
- MonkeyKing: It's more fun to speak in verse, even though you can't be terse.
- MonkeyKing: Ugh!
- MonkeyKing: Oooo!
- MonkeyKing: Aaa!
- MonkeyKing: Don't be boring or I'll start snoring!
Breath of Darkest Shadow
The Warchief of the Horde tangles with powers beyond his imagining! This could get ugly.
- Anduin: Just as I finished getting the pieces of the Harmonic Mallet, Horde warriors began to gather at an ancient mogu palace.
- Anduin: It could only mean one thing—the Warchief was preparing to use the Divine Bell. Armed with the mallet, I went to intervene.
- Anduin: Agh!
- Anduin: D… did I do it? Is the bell destroyed? Good.
- Garrosh: Now Varian will know the price for his continued defiance…
- Garrosh: When this war is won, my people will see prosperity at last.
- Garrosh: Your interference has cost me great warriors, young prince. You'll pay with your life.
- Garrosh: With the power of the bell on our side, the Horde will be unstoppable.
- Garrosh: Let the song of victory begin!
- Garrosh: Our suffering will end!
- Garrosh: The Horde will prevail!
- Garrosh: Your head is as empty as your father's.
Battle for Lordaeron
The latest Warchief has committed a shocking atrocity against the night elves.
- Anduin: I recovered under my father's care. In time, Garrosh was made to atone for his crimes.
- Anduin: Then the unthinkable happened… my father fell in battle. I learned to rule in his stead as I grieved for him.
- Anduin: And all the while, a darkness festered within the Horde… an evil beyond redemption… Sylvanas Windrunner. I would need everything I had learned to confront her.
- Anduin: It is over, Sylvanas!
- Sylvanas: You have no idea what you're up against. We've only just begun!
- Anduin: Bring it down!
- Anduin: Alliance, hold your ground!
- Anduin: This isn't your war, Saurfang…
- Anduin: There is no honor in killing him. Take him away.
- Anduin: You don't deserve to speak his name.
- Anduin: I was forged. You were cursed.
- Jaina: The Horde will pay for its crimes!
- Genn: I've never seen anything like that war machine…
- Genn: My king… we cannot endure.
- Sylvanas: Let the Blight rain upon our enemies!
- Sylvanas: SILENCE!
- Sylvanas: Darkspear, to arms!
- Sylvanas: Cover our retreat, High Overlord.
- Sylvanas: You wield your father's sword. Are you trying to make him proud?
- Sylvanas: You claim you fight for peace… but we are both of us forged by war.
- Sylvanas: You've won… nothing.
- Varok: There must be another way…
- Varok: MY LIFE FOR THE HORDE!
- Nathanos: Your time is up, King Anduin!
- Anduin: We defeated Sylvanas and weakened the Horde, though our victory came at great cost.
- Anduin: In my heart, I knew that I'd found my warrior's spirit, despite my pledge to peace.
- Anduin: When I was young, my father always saved me. And nothing has changed.
- Sylvanas: Do not fret… You won't be dead for long…
- Sylvanas: Your whole life devoted to peace, and one little tree brings you to battle.
- Sylvanas: How much will you sacrifice today, boy king?
- Sylvanas: All of your most loyal friends are here with you. A pity if you lost some…
- Sylvanas: Suffer well.
- Sylvanas: Abandon hope.
- Sylvanas: Destroy them!
- Sylvanas: Enough meddling!