Only a handful of hours separate us from the full reveal of the new Core set and we're very excited to see what we'll be playing with for the next year. As a quick recap and an appetizer for what's about to come, here's what we know so far about the upcoming Core set.
Special thanks to ZelKnow who caught some of these that we didn't.
Here are all the cards that we know will receive a buff.
- Assassinate - Cost decreased from 5 to 4 mana.
- Menagerie Warden - Cost decreased from 6 to 5 mana; stats will be reduced by -1/-1.
- Feral Spirit - Overload reduced from (2) to (1) mana.
- Lightning Storm - Damage dealt is now only 3, the possibility of 2 has been removed - no more highrolls and lowrolls!
- Earth Elemental - Overload reduced from (3) to (2) mana.
- Lord Jaraxxus - Hero Card! We don't know what it will look like exactly, but here's something you can chew on while we wait for the actual announcement.
- Raid Leader - Health increased from 2 to 3.
- Sprint - Cost decreased from 7 to 6 mana.
- Tidal Surge - Nature school. Gains Lifesteal keyword.
Wild Cards Returning Without Changes
Here are all the cards we know so far that will be brought back from the Wild format.
Brand New Cards
Here's a list of all the new cards that will be part of the Core set. If you're interested in reading our thoughts about the new Dragon Aspects, we advise you to click here.
- Ysera the Dreamer, which will replace the old Ysera (Dream cards got changed! Check all the changes here!)
- Malygos the Spellweaver, which will replace its older self Malygos.
- Deathwing the Destroyer, pretty much a better Deathwing under any point of view.
- Novice Zapper - A solid 1-drop with Spell Damage synergy for Shaman.
- Thrive in the Shadows - Also known as Lesser Shadow Visions.
- Felsoul Jailer - Acceptable hand disruption for Warlock.
- Overlord Runthak - Very interesting card in handbuff deck.
- Vanessa VanCleef - The only worthy successor of Edwin VanCleef.
Returning Basic & Classic Cards
- Grommash Hellscream
- Tirion Fordring
- Crazed Alchemist
- Murloc Tidecaller
- Abusive Sergeant
- Argent Squire
- Dire Wolf Alpha
- Jungle Panther
- Lightning Bolt - Nature School.
- Deadly Poison - Nature School.
- Rockbiter Weapon - Nature School.
- Elven Archer
- Kobold Geomancer
- Sinister Strike
- Acidic Swamp Ooze
- Fire Elemental
- Sen'jin Shieldmasta
Core Set Breakdown
Here is the breakdown of what we can expect from the new core set.
- 88 cards returning from Classic (54 class cards, 34 neutral cards).
- 54 cards returning from Basic (41 class cards, 13 neutral cards).
- 55 cards returning from Wild (36 class cards, 19 neutral cards).
- 4 cards returning from Ashes of Outland (4 Demon Hunter Class cards).
- 4 cards returning from Demon Hunter Initiate.
- 1 card returning from Hall of Fame.
- 29 new cards (20 Class cards, 9 Neutral cards).
What are your predictions about the upcoming Core set? What cards do you think will come back from Wild? What will stick to Standard and maybe get buffed? Let us know in the comments!
Learn more about Forged in the Barrens
Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens to learn more about the new expansion and to see all the revealed cards!
Support Out of Cards - Get Premium
Love what we're doing? Support the site for $2 a month to remove ads and get some site cosmetics! Discounts are available if you subscribe for multiple months at once!
Get Cheaper Hearthstone Packs with Amazon Coins
Learn more about how you can save money on Hearthstone packs for the new expansion with our guide on Amazon Coins!