Blizzard just released new information about what's about to come with patch 20.0, and looks like we're going to receive some major improvements to the already existing features, as well as a new cosmetic: Diamond cards.
Here are the most relevant informations:
- Players will the receive a new Reward Track when Forged in the Barrens will go live.
- The Rewards Track will include card packs from expansions in Standard, the Zuldazar card back, Tavern Tickets, a random Epic card, two random Legendary cards, and a lot of Gold.
- Mankrik will be the first reward on the new track.
- Several additional changes have been made for the new Rewards Track in order to make in-game progression feel better.
- Diamond cards are a new cosmetic for Hearthstone - new border and 3D animations! Click here to read more.
- Bru'kan and Blademaster Samuro will receive the Diamond treatment.
We’ve made several adjustments to the Rewards Track over the last few months, based on player feedback: increasing rewards, upping the frequency of rewards, and removing limitations that might make rewards more difficult to obtain. We’re always iterating on our systems and features, and the Rewards Track is no exception.
When the Rewards Track refreshes for the first time when Forged in the Barrens launches, all players will automatically be granted any unclaimed rewards on both the free track and the Tavern Pass track (if purchased), and a completely new Rewards Track featuring a bevy of new unlockable loot will take its place.*
You can find the full table of rewards and XP needed for every level of both the Forged in the Barrens free track and Tavern Pass below, as well as a difference table to give a better idea of what’s changed since last expansion.
*Level 50 Hero skin choice must be made before the Forged in the Barrens Rewards Track refresh. Additionally, all players who are online at the time of the refresh will not see their Rewards Track immediately change over. These players must relog to receive the updated rewards track. We’re working to have the level 50 Hero skin automatically granted for those who missed claiming it and for the refresh to happen seamlessly for actively online players in a future patch.
Rewards Track Refresh & Updates
The Rewards Track for Forged in the Barrens will include card packs from expansions in Standard, the Zuldazar card back, Tavern Tickets, a random Epic card, two random Legendary cards, and a lot of Gold. For finishing the track, you’ll get to choose from one of 10 returning Hero Skins. We’ve also added 14 uncraftable Golden cards and the Legendary minion, Mankrik, which will be the first reward on the new track!
Lvl XP To Level Cumulative XP Free Track Tavern Pass 1 0 0 Mankrik (Uncraftable Legendary) 10% XP Boost, Diamond Blademaster Samuro (Uncraftable) 2 100 100 50 Gold 3 100 200 Barrens Pack 4 150 350 2x Golden Venomous Scorpid (Uncraftable Common) 5 150 500 Barrens Pack Young Rokara Hero Skin (Warrior) 6 225 725 2x Golden Peon (Uncraftable Common) 7 225 950 50 Gold 8 300 1250 2x Golden Hog Rancher (Uncraftable Common) 9 300 1550 Barrens Pack 10 325 1875 Random Epic Card Initiate Kurtrus Hero Skin (Demon Hunter) 11 325 2200 50 Gold 12 350 2550 50 Gold 13 350 2900 Golden [TO BE REVEALED] (Uncraftable Rare) 14 375 3275 50 Gold 15 375 3650 Zuldazar Card Back Survivor Xyrella Hero Skin (Priest) 16 400 4050 50 Gold 17 400 4450 50 Gold 18 425 4875 Year of the Phoenix Pack 19 425 5300 50 Gold 20 450 5750 Random Legendary Card 15% XP Boost 21 450 6200 50 Gold 22 550 6750 50 Gold 23 600 7350 Golden Burning Blade Acolyte (Uncraftable Rare) 24 650 8000 50 Gold 25 675 8675 Year of the Phoenix Pack Golden Vol'jin (Uncraftable Legendary) 26 675 9350 50 Gold 27 875 10225 50 Gold 28 875 11100 Golden Horde Operative (Uncraftable Rare) 29 1000 12100 50 Gold 30 1100 13200 Tavern Ticket Barrens Card Back 31 1200 14400 50 Gold 32 1200 15600 50 Gold 33 1250 16850 Golden [TO BE REVEALED] (Uncraftable Rare) 34 1250 18100 50 Gold 35 1300 19400 Year of the Phoenix Pack 36 1300 20700 50 Gold 37 1350 22050 50 Gold 38 1350 23400 Golden Burning Blade Acolyte (Uncraftable Rare) 39 1400 24800 50 Gold 40 1400 26200 Year of the Phoenix Pack Recruit Rokara Hero Skin (Warrior) 41 1450 27650 50 Gold 42 1450 29100 50 Gold 43 1500 30600 Golden Horde Operative (Uncraftable Rare) 44 1500 32100 50 Gold 45 1550 33650 Tavern Ticket 46 1550 35200 50 Gold 47 1600 36800 50 Gold 48 1600 38400 Year of the Phoenix Pack 49 1650 40050 Tavern Ticket 50 1650 41700 Random Legendary Card Firefang Rexxar Hero Skin (Hunter) 51 1700 43,400 75 Gold 52 1700 45,100 75 Gold 53 1750 46,850 75 Gold 54 1750 48,600 75 Gold 55 1800 50,400 Year of the Phoenix Pack 56 1800 52,200 75 Gold 57 1850 54,050 75 Gold 58 1850 55,900 75 Gold 59 1900 57,800 75 Gold 60 1900 59,700 Year of the Phoenix Pack Adept Kurtrus Hero Skin (Demon Hunter) 61 1950 61,650 75 Gold 62 1950 63,600 75 Gold 63 2000 65,600 75 Gold 64 2000 67,600 75 Gold 65 2050 69,650 Golden Primordial Protector (Uncraftable Epic) 66 2050 71,700 75 Gold 67 2125 73,825 75 Gold 68 2125 75,950 75 Gold 69 2250 78,200 75 Gold 70 2250 80,450 Year of the Phoenix Pack 20% XP Boost 71 2375 82,825 75 Gold 72 2375 85,200 75 Gold 73 2500 87,700 75 Gold 74 2500 90,200 75 Gold 75 2500 92,700 Golden Primordial Protector (Uncraftable Epic) 76 2500 95,200 100 Gold 77 2500 97,700 100 Gold 78 2500 100,200 100 Gold 79 2500 102,700 100 Gold 80 2500 105,200 100 Gold Shardseeker Xyrella Hero Skin (Priest) 81 2500 107,700 100 Gold 82 2500 110,200 100 Gold 83 2500 112,700 100 Gold 84 2500 115,200 100 Gold 85 2500 117,700 100 Gold 86 2500 120,200 100 Gold 87 2500 122,700 100 Gold 88 2500 125,200 100 Gold 89 2500 127,700 100 Gold 90 2500 130,200 150 Gold Kazakus Cosmetic Coin 91 2500 132,700 150 Gold 92 2500 135,200 150 Gold 93 2500 137,700 150 Gold 94 2500 140,200 150 Gold 95 2500 142,700 150 Gold 96 2500 145,200 150 Gold 97 2500 147,700 150 Gold 98 2500 150,200 150 Gold 99 2500 152,700 150 Gold 100 2500 155,200 Hero Skin Choice Trainer Kurtrus Hero Skin (Demon Hunter), Lightweaver Xyrella Hero Skin (Priest), Rokara of the Horde Hero Skin (Warrior) 101-130 1325-1475 […] 50 Gold 131-400 1500 602,200 50 Gold
We’ve made several additional changes for the new Rewards Track aimed at making in-game progression feel even better. In summary, we've doubled the number of core reward levels from 50 to 100, and halved the amount of XP required to reach each level. Where possible, we’ve also adjusted the amount of rewards at each level, in order to distribute them more effectively across the whole track. To this end, we’ve introduced new rewards, including the uncraftable golden cards, in places where simply adjusting the amount of previous season's rewards wasn't possible (like where a card pack was on the Rewards Track). The intent with these changes is to offer even more frequent rewards, particularly in later levels.
You’ll notice that we’ve added new card packs to the free track: Year of the Phoenix packs! Year of the Phoenix packs contain cards from sets released in the Year of the Phoenix: Ashes of Outland, Scholomance Academy, Madness at the Darkmoon Faire, and the Darkmoon Races Mini-Set!
We also made a couple of additional changes outside of the Rewards Track. We updated Achievements to show progress bars for each type of Achievement in your Journal now, showcasing your total percent progress for each Achievement category. Additionally, you’ll now be able to re-roll the guaranteed Weekly Quest: Win 5 games of Ranked Play Mode.
Finally, please note that incomplete Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Gameplay achievements will no longer grant Reward Track XP after the 20.0 patch is released, and instead a new set of Forged in the Barrens Gameplay achievements will, so don’t forget to finish and claim those before they’re gone!
Diamond Blademaster Samuro Entrance Animation
With the introduction of the Forged in the Barrens Tavern Pass, we’re excited to announce what was previously spell-locked for Phase 1 on our roadmap for the year—an all-new cosmetic card tier for Hearthstone: Diamond cards! Each expansion will include one or more handcrafted Diamond Legendary cards that feature completely new 3D animations, more real estate for card art, and a stylish Diamond border.
Blademaster Samuro and Bru’kan will receive the Diamond treatment in Forged in the Barrens! The unlock criteria for these cards are as follows:
- Diamond Blademaster Samuro – Instantly obtainable by purchasing the Forged in the Barrens Tavern Pass and claiming the card on the Rewards track.
- Diamond Bru’kan – Obtained by completing the Forged in the Barrens Legendary Collector 5/5 Achievement (Collect all Legendary cards from the set.)
Forged in the Barrens Tavern Pass
The Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Tavern Pass will expire with the launch of Forged in the Barrensand a new Tavern Pass will be made available for purchase—offering a host of brand-new cosmetic rewards and XP boosts.
Purchasing the Tavern Pass at any point during the expansion will immediately grant the Diamond Blademaster Samuro Legendary card, a 10% XP Boost that lasts for the duration of the expansion, and all items up to your current level on the paid track. As you progress with the Tavern Pass during the Forged in the Barrens expansion, you’ll earn additional XP Boosts, the Barrens card back, the uncraftable Shadowhunter Vol’jin Golden Legendary minion, the Firefang Rexxar Hero Skin, and an all-new cosmetic coin! You can also earn Hero Skins for the new Mercenaries introduced in Forged in the Barrens: three Rokara Warrior Hero Skins, three Kurtrus Demon Hunter Hero Skins, and three Xyrella Priest Hero Skins!
As a reminder, Battlegrounds Perks are now available as a standalone purchase, separate from the Tavern Pass.
New Cosmetic Coins
There are three new Cosmetic Coins on the way, two of which are themed after Forged in the Barrens and obtainable by the following means:
- Completing the first 90 levels of the Rewards Track with the Tavern Pass.
- Collecting 135 unique Forged in the Barrens cards.
We are planning a 35 card Mini-Set for Forged in the Barrens, so that second Achievement will become much easier once there are 170 to collect in total! We’ll have more information to share on the Forged in the Barrens Mini-Set in the coming months.
We’ve also added a Bigglesworth coin for collecting one of every card from Scholomance Academy. Collect all 135 cards from Scholomance Academy and this new coin will be yours!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can Diamond cards be disenchanted?
- No, Diamond cards are uncraftable and cannot be disenchanted. Diamond cards cannot be found in card packs.
- How do the uncraftable Golden cards on the Reward Track work?
- Golden cards on the free track cannot be crafted, disenchanted, or obtained from card packs. When the Rewards Track refreshes at the start of our next expansion, these Golden cards will be earnable via other means. Non-Golden versions of these cards will still be earnable through normal means such as crafting or pack opening.
- Will I be able to buy the next Mini-Set with Gold?
- Yes, like the Darkmoon Races Mini-Set, you will be able to purchase the next Mini-Set with real money or Gold.
- *NEW* I want to buy the Tavern Pass, but what if I get Blademaster Samuro as one of my Pre-Purchase Legendary drops?
- We put in protections to make sure none of your Pre-Purchase Legendary drops are wasted. Diamond Blademaster Samuro is uncraftable, and no version of Blademaster Samuro will drop as a Pre-Purchase Legendary. Normal and Golden Blademaster Samuro can still be found in packs or crafted – so if you plan to purchase the Tavern Pass, do so and claim Blademaster Samuro before opening packs!
- Normal Mankrik is free on the Reward Track at level 1 and uncraftable. Mankrik won't drop as a Pre-Purchase Legendary or drop from packs. Golden Mankrik can still be found in packs or crafted.