We've got a major update coming to Hearthstone's Battlegrounds modes which sees the introduction of Quilboar into the mix. We're also getting some new heroes, our favourite coin being used where appropriate, and a rating reset. Here are the highlights:
- 3 New Heroes are being added.
- 17 New Minions are being added.
- 15 have the Quilboar tribe.
- 2 aren't Quilboar but interact with Blood Gems.
- Battlegrounds perks gives access to the new heroes early. New heroes are generally available on May 18.
Patch 20.2 Launches on May 4 and will reset everyone's rating, so enjoy the climb up from 0 once more. All the details can be read down below.
Quilboar have been added as a new Battlegrounds minion type! There will still be five minion types per Battlegrounds game once Quilboar are added, meaning that three minion types will be excluded from each game. Just like when Dragons, Pirates, and Elementals were added, Quilboar will show up in every Battlegrounds match until our next major content patch.
The Quilboar update includes 17 new minions, 3 new heroes, and a new mechanic: Blood Gems! Blood Gems are spells that give a friendly minion +1/+1. Some Quilboar give you Blood Gems, while others have special interactions when Blood Gems are played.
We’ve also added Battlegrounds support for your favorite Coin! As a reminder, you can set a Coin as your favorite by clicking on the Coin icon in the top right of your Collection.
Finally, prepare for a fresh playing field as all players’ Battlegrounds ratings will be reset to 0 when the 20.2 patch launches on May 4!
NEW & UPDATED HEROES
Death Speaker Blackthorn
- Bloodbound [Passive]
- After you upgrade Bob's Tavern, gain 2 Blood Gems.
- Spirit Swap [Costs 0]
- Choose two minions. Swap their stats.
- See the Light [Costs 2]
- Choose a minion in Bob's Tavern to add to your hand. Set its stats to 2.
Rat King (Updated)
- King of Quilboar [Passive]
- Whenever you buy a Quilboar, give it +2/+2. Swaps type each turn.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to the new Heroes above before they are formally released on May 18.
- [Tier 1, Quilboar] 3 Attack, 1 Health. Battlecry: Gain a Blood Gem.
- [Tier 1, Quilboar] 1 Attack, 2 Health. When you sell this, gain 2 Blood Gems.
- [Tier 2, Quilboar] 2 Attack, 4 Health. Frenzy: Gain a Blood Gem.
- [Tier 2, Quilboar] 4 Attack, 3 Health. After a Blood Gem is played on this, gain Divine Shield for the next combat.
Prophet of the Boar
- [Tier 2] 3 Attack, 3 Health. Once per Turn: After you play a Quilboar, gain a Blood Gem.
- [Tier 3, Quilboar] 3 Attack, 3 Health. The first Blood Gem played on this each turn gives an extra +3/+3.
- [Tier 3, Quilboar] 2 Attack, 5 Health. At the end of your turn, play a Blood Gem on adjacent Quilboar.
- [Tier 3, Quilboar] 4 Attack, 3 Health. Battlecry and Deathrattle: Gain a Blood Gem.
- [Tier 3, Quilboar] 3 Attack, 3 Health. Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. It steals all Blood Gems from its neighbors.
- [Tier 4, Quilboar] 5 Attack, 6 Health. Taunt. After a Blood Gem is played on another Quilboar, gain +1/+1.
- [Tier 4, Quilboar] 4 Attack, 7 Health. Windfury. After this attacks, gain a Blood Gem.
- [Tier 4, Quilboar] 2 Attack, 6 Health. After a Blood Gem is played on this, give your minions +2 Attack for next combat only.
- [Tier 5, Quilboar] 4 Attack, 8 Health. Windfury, Divine Shield. Frenzy: Gain Divine Shield.
- [Tier 5, Quilboar] 3 Attack, 6 Health. After a Blood Gem is played on this, give a friendly minion of each minion type +1/+1.
Agamaggan, The Great Boar
- [Tier 5, Beast] 6 Attack, 6 Health. Your Blood Gems give an extra +1/+1.
- [Tier 6, Quilboar] 7 Attack, 7 Health. At the end of your turn, play a Blood Gem on all friendly minions.
Captain Flat Tusk
- [Tier 6, Quilboar] 9 Attack, 6 Health. After you spend 3 Gold, gain a Blood Gem.