It looks like we're getting to see gameplay for Hearthstone Mercenaries in just one week on August 31!
- Next week, August 31, Blizzard will officially showcase the new game mode.
- Expect gameplay, tons of content, and a formally announced launch date.
- Twitch Drops will be active. You can earn two Stormwind packs for watching 30 minutes of Hearthstone on Twitch. Details below.
It looks like Mercenaries has received a new logo too, which is a nice update when you compare it to the original which was a tad on the plain side.
Old Mercenaries Logo vs New Mercenaries Logo
So, will you be tuning in? The cinematic trailer leaked earlier today so go and give that a watch to get pumped up and ready to go.
Mark your calendars! On August 31, at 9 a.m. PT, on both Twitch and Youtube, join Hearthstone Game Director Ben Lee, Game Designer Joe Killion, and U.I. Designer Hasiba Arshad for a deep dive into the upcoming Mercenaries game mode. The showcase will feature gameplay, reveal tons of content, and formally announce the Mercenaries launch date—it also might include a surprise or two!
On top of that, Twitch drops are back! You can earn up to 2 United in Stormwind packs for watching category-wide on Twitch. Between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. PT, watch 15 minutes of any Hearthstone stream on Twitch to earn one pack and then watch 15 more minutes for the second. As a reminder, Twitch has updated how drops work on their end. Here is what you need to know:
- You will now be able to see your watch time progress towards any given drop.
- You will no longer receive drop rewards automatically. You must instead claim the drop on the channel you’re watching or in the Drops Inventory menu on Twitch within the first 24 hours of earning it.
- Twitch users can now earn rewards before linking their Battle.net account to Twitch. Rewards will expire 7 days after they’ve been claimed if a Battle.net account has not been linked.
After you’ve claimed your reward on Twitch, please make sure you’re logging into the region you’d like to receive the drop(s) on, as the first region you log into will be where we deliver your pack(s). It can take up to ~30 minutes to receive your reward(s) in game after claiming.
Link Your Battle.net & Twitch Accounts
You’ll need to link your Twitch.tv and Battle.net accounts to receive Twitch Drops. Here’s how:
- Log in or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Battle.net account on which you’d like to receive your rewards.