The second Grandmasters Season of 2021 continues with another week of Last Hero Standing! The players continue to gather the all-important points to reach the Playoffs. You can find everything you need to know below.
This Week's Format
This year every week will follow the same tournament format, with only the gameplay format changing.
- Best-of-five Last Hero Standing with one ban.
- 4 Dual Elimination groups with top 2 players advancing (only Decider matches streamed on Fridays).
- Top 8 play through a single-elimination bracket to decide the winner.
Players will be gaining points based on their performance, and at the end of the seven-week period, top 8 point earners of each region will advance to Playoffs while the bottom 4 will be relegated from Grandmasters.
For the entire competition format for 2021, check out the spoiler below.
Note that the section discussing gameplay format is no longer accurate. Weeks 2, 4, and 6 will be played using Last Hero Standing and every other week will use Conquest.
Weeks 1-7: Weekly Dual Tournaments
During weeks 1-7, players will compete in a Weekly Dual Tournament format, starting each Thursday, to earn placement in the weekend Top 8 Stage. Players will receive points based on total number of wins each week, which will determine final standings before Playoffs.
- All 16 players in each region will compete against each other off-broadcast in Dual Tournament Group play on Thursday.
- On Friday, the 4 Decider Matches will be played to determine who joins the Top 8 per region, live on YouTube.
- The Top 8 players compete in a single-elimination tournament on Saturday, with the Top 4 advancing to Sunday.
- Gameplay format changes every other week:
- Week 1: Conquest
- Week 2: Conquest
- Week 3: Specialist
- Week 4: Specialist
- Week 5: Last Hero Standing
- Week 6: Last Hero Standing
- Week 7: Conquest
Week 8: Playoffs
The Dual Tournaments lead into Week 8 Playoffs, which will qualify one player per region to receive an invite to the World Championship at the end of the year, while four players from each region will be relegated.
- Top 8 players advance to Playoffs.
- Players 9 – 12 are safe from Relegation but are finished with tournament play for the season.
- Bottom 4 players in each region are automatically Relegated.
- The winner of Playoffs from each region are given a chance to compete in the 2021 World Championship. Season 1 champions retain their invites to the World Championship if they are not Relegated in Season 2. Relegated Champions have their invites passed down to the next eligible player, in their region, from Season 1.
This Week's Pack Drops
The pack distribution remains the same than last season:
- Grandmasters Week 1: United in Stormwind (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Weeks 2 - 7: Year of the Phoenix (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Playoffs: United in Stormwind (max 2 packs)
This week there are no new packs for those that obtained them on Week 2 or later.
You can find the starting times of each region's streams below. The schedule is the same each day.
You can find all the matches, results, and decklists (including the off-stream matches) on the official tournament site.
You can watch all the action on the official Hearthstone Esports YouTube channel. Don't forget that you should be following the games on YouTube while logged in for those sweet pack drops!
Top 5 Moments with Darroch:
The Curve with Raven:
Hot Takes with TJ and Sottle:
Mull It Over with Jia: