Blizzard has announced that the Global Games are returning for the Hearthstone Esports off-season! The fun begins on November 15.
Teams of two will be competing for their share of a $50,000 prize pool during a tournament spanning 4 weekends. The highest prize-earner in the 2019 Masters Tour for each country will be the first in line for invites with the second player being invited by Blizzard based on overall esports earnings and their contributions to the Hearthstone community. Read on for the official post!
That’s right, Global Games are back for the off-season. Join us in celebrating regional pride and showcasing the best Hearthstone talent from 32 regions from around the globe!
This time around, teams of two will compete online over four weekends through a gamut of Dual Tournament groups with the Shield-Phase best-of-five Conquest format for $75,000 in prizing!
The highest prize earner from each country/region in the 2019 Masters Tour will be first in line for an invite to compete. The second player on each team will be invited directly by Blizzard, based on criteria including lifetime earnings and contributions to the Hearthstone Community.
Americas Europe Asia-Pacific United States Russia China Brazil France South Korea Canada Germany Chinese Taipei Mexico Italy Japan Argentina Ukraine Hong Kong Poland Australia United Kingdom Singapore Spain New Zealand Greece Philippines Sweden Thailand Netherlands Belgium Norway Czech Republic Denmark Romania Turkey
- Week 1: Ro32 - 4 Dual Tournament Groups (16 teams)
- Week 2: Ro32 - 4 Dual Tournament Groups (remaining 16 teams)
- Week 3: Ro16 - 4 Dual Tournament Groups
- Week 4: Top 8 - 2 Dual Tournament Groups into Top 4 Single elimination
Prize Pool - $75,000 USD
- 1st -$20,000
- 2nd - $10,000
- 3rd-4th - $7,500
- 5th-8th - $3,000
- 9th-16th - $1,000
- 17th-32nd - $625
- Week 1: 11/15-11/17 – 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
- Week 2: 11/22-11/24 – 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
- Week 3: 11/29-12/1 – 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
- Week 4: 12/20-12/21 – 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
- Championship Sunday: 12/22 – 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST