Only a few hours separate us from the Hearthstone's next expansion's reveal, which is currently planned for 10 AM PT/19:00 CET. However, it appears that (as usual) someone spilled the beans ahead of time, and this time we're talking about www.buffed.de.
The German gaming site just released an article containing information about the new expansion that indicates it will take place in Alterac Valley - here are some of the most relevant pieces of information:
- The next expansion's name is Divided in Alterac Valley (pending official English translation) and will go live on December 7th.
- The expansion revolves around Alliance versus Horde rivalry.
- Based on which side you'll pick, you can choose between two free golden legendaries - that is happening today!
- The Shaman Elder Drek'Thar of the Frostwolf Clan for the Horde.
- The Mountain King Vanndar Stormpike for the Alliance.
- A brand new Quest system will be introduced: gain Honor Points by playing and winning games!
- The faction that earned the most honor at the end of the event will be declared the winner in the next mini-set, and all players will receive a diamond version of the victorious faction's leader card.
- New Keyword: Honorable Victory - grants unique bonuses for dealing the exact amount of damage needed to kill an enemy, opposite to Overkill.
- Examples are reducing the cost of all spells or gaining stats.
- Hero Cards are back, and they will bring some game-changing effects!
- Hero Cards are going to be some of the Mercenary characters we have seen during this year.
- Example of "game-changing effect" is increasing player's maximum Mana to 20.
Elder Drek'Thar and Vanndar Stormpike (source: wowpedia)
A fight for honor. The time has come to take up arms! Starting today, players in Divided in Alterac Valley can choose a faction by choosing one of two free golden legendary cards: the Shaman Elder Drek'Thar of the Frostwolf Clan for the Horde or the Mountain King Vanndar Stormpike for the Alliance.
From December 7th to January 11th, each faction will receive unique quests where players will earn Honor Points by playing and winning games. The faction that earned the most honor at the end of the event will be declared the winner in the next mini-set, and all players will receive a diamond version of the victorious faction's leader card.
New Keyword: Honorable Victory. It has never felt better to give a servant the fatal blow. The Honorable Victory keyword grants unique bonuses for dealing the exact amount of damage needed to an enemy, such as reducing the cost of all spells or + 1 / + 1 for each honorable victory.
Mercenary heroes. After a year of battles, the mercenary heroes on both sides are hardened for battle. They are now hero cards with game changing effects - such as increasing a player's maximum mana crystals to 20! With their powerful new battle cries and hero skills, these heroes can decide the outcome of the battle between the Horde and the Alliance.
Are you excited about these news? Which side are you going to choose? Horde or Alliance? Tell us in the comments below!