A Hearthstone client patch appeared this afternoon which brought in a few welcome bug fixes before Fractured in Alterac Valley launches tomorrow. Read on for all the details and stay tuned because a server-side hotfix is planned for today which will include more fixes - details to come later.
Also, we datamined a change which renamed "Barnes_Quote" to "Barnes". Weird.
12/6 Update: We are in the process of rolling out a client hotfix (meaning a new download for your device) that includes the following updates:
- Updates the win/loss Arena and Duels U.I. so that players can again see their records during the Battle for Alterac Valley Honor event.
- Removes the “Temp” image echo in claiming Alterac Valley packs; also adjusts particles behind the packs on the ranked rewards screen.
- Adds a temporary solution to a bug that sometimes caused crashes when Zephrys the Great was played. The temporary solution involves turning off some of Zephrys’s animations. We will continue to explore more permanent solutions and turn the animations back on once it is safe.
This hotfix is rolling out similar to a patch release cadence (we just released on PC, mobile is planned for approximately 1 p.m. Pacific).
For Google Play users who are having trouble seeing the hotfix, we have a suggested workaround: go to Google Play → open your profile icon in the top right → open “Manage apps & device” → select “Updates available” → select “Update All.”
Separately, we are also working on a server hotfix (no new download), with the target of releasing it later today; more details to come once it is ready.
We will update this post when we have more information.
12/6 Update 2: We are in the process of rolling out the server-side hotfix mentioned above. It includes the following updates:
- Fixes bugs with Southsea Captain, Murloc Warleader, Scabbs Cutterbutter, and Ysiel Windsinger priority levels. Specifically, Southsea Captain and Murloc Warleader will now properly still apply their buffs after a card like Wave of Apathy reduces the attacks of your minions. Scabbs will now combine with Tenwu of the Red Smoke to make the bounced minion cost (0). Ysiel will now override cards like Celestial Ink Set.
- Fixes a bug causing Dr. Boom, Mad Genius to crash the game for both players.
- Speeds up Cheaty Snowbold’s animation speeds for launch.
- Fixes a bug that showed some Mercenaries as having available tasks beyond Task 18.