Blizzard has announced a new Battlegrounds tournament taking place later this month. If you vote for your favourite team, you'll get a Descent of Dragons card pack!
- The tournament is on November 21. It has a $200k prize pool.
- Declare which team you are rooting for before November 12 to get a Descent of Dragons card pack.
- If the team you chose wins, you'll get an extra Descent of Dragons card pack.
- Vote here for the team you'll support.
- You'll earn a point for your chosen team each time you get a top 4 placement in Battlegrounds starting November 12.
- Teams that reach 250k points get an extra $25k in prizing.
Additionally, if you watch any stream with drops enabled in the Hearthstone category on Twitch, you can earn early access to Battlegrounds without needing to pre-order.
Prepare your minions, coins, and heroic bravado – early access to Hearthstone’s newest game mode, Battlegrounds, is now live! Starting 10 a.m. PT November 5, and continuing until 12 a.m. PT November 12, BlizzCon attendees, BlizzCon Virtual Ticket holders, and players who have pre-purchased a Descent of Dragons bundle can jump right into the fray!
We’re also celebrating the upcoming launch of Battlegrounds with a special event that starts today – welcome to the Battlegrounds Brawl! Join up with your favorite streamers in a quest for tavern glory while earning Card Packs along the way. The event will conclude on Thursday, November 21 with an epic finale—a $200,000 Battlegrounds tournament live on the Inn-vitational stage! We’re splitting this event into three phases:
Choose Your Team
First things first, you’ll need to pick a team! Our sixteen fearsome competitors are split across four teams: Rust Buckets, Mega Fins, Rabid Rangers, and Doom Bringers. Only one team can get your pledge, though, so choose carefully! Declare your team allegiance by November 12 and you’ll receive a Descent of Dragons Card Pack for participating. Ready to pick a team? Head on over to the Battlegrounds Brawl event page.
Now that you’ve chosen a team, it’s time to join the fight! From November 12 – 19, your wins in Battlegrounds (4th place or better) will also count towards the total wins of the team you’ve pledged to – if a team reaches 250,000 total wins by the end of this phase, they’ll unlock an additional $25,000 guaranteed prizing! You can follow your team’s progress with daily total win updates from the @PlayHearthstone Twitter.
Additionally, Legendary Quests to play Battlegrounds will be available during this period, rewarding one Card Pack from every Year of the Dragon expansion!
To close out the event, all four teams will gather to compete in our very first Battlegrounds competition! The format will run through ten rounds of play, each with two games happening simultaneously. The broadcast will kick-off at 10 a.m. PT, November 21, on Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone. You’ll also be able to follow the perspective of any competitor through their personal stream. Mark your calendars and get ready to cheer on your team – if they win, you’ll receive an additional Descent of Dragons Card Pack!
Early Access Twitch Drops
Lastly, from 10 a.m. PT November 5 until 11 p.m. PT November 11, watch any Twitch stream under the Hearthstone category for a chance to receive Battlegrounds Early Access as a Twitch Drop! To be eligible, you’ll need to link your Twitch.tv and Blizzard Battle.net account. Here’s how:
- Log in or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Blizzard account on which you’d like to receive your rewards.
A note for streamers – be sure to enable Twitch Drops on your channel during this time (it will be disabled by default)!
You can read the official rules for Twitch Drops here.
Pull up a chair and join the fun! Battlegrounds can be accessed in-game through the new Modes section, but before you jump into your first match, head here for a refresher of the basics: Introducing Hearthstone Battlegrounds