June has been quite the month for the Mercenaries game mode:
- We received a total of 18 new Mercenaries - the largest content release since the mode launched!
- More Bounties for Darkshore and the addition of Sunken City zone (with 10 new bounties!).
- Balance Changes for some underperforming Mercenaries.
- New Mercenaries Event: Y'Shaarj - starting on June 7th and ending on June 21st.
As you've just read, the Y'Shaarj Event, the fourth one in the story of the game mode, is about to expire, and with it all the rewards tied to its task-line, including lots of coins and the very Y'Shaarj Mercenary.
Just like last time, the event timers haven't been fully synced across various timezones: while the glorious Europe server only seems to have less than 24 hours left on the clock, Americas region still got more than a day for last-minute completion. However, this time there's a valid reason: as you might remember, the Y'Shaarj event started a bit earlier on EU, only for AMER to follow up later.
In any case, it's all coming to an end very soon. If you still have any special tasks remaining and last minute motivation is your thing, better get going! We've done our part to provide assistance with a number of detailed guides, which you can find by clicking any of the links below:
- Mountain Hikers
- Sustained No More
- Requirement: Land a killing blow on Azshara, Tidemistress and Loyal Myrmidon in one turn in Queen Azshara Bounty.
- Reward: Y'Shaarj Mercenary.
- Beach Day
- Fight Fire with Fire
- No Shivers
- Root of the Problem
- Rage Unfound
- You're a Kid Now
- Requirement: Complete Heroic N'Zoth Bounty with all your Mercs alive in Sunken City.
- Reward: 100 Y'Shaarj coins.
- Tag Team
- Visions of Conquest
What's more, within each respective task description you can also find valuable comments from our community members, providing various alternatives and useful observations. That's about as extensive as it gets. Best of luck if you are still trying to rush against the clock to complete at least a part of the event, if not its entirety!
P.S. In case you don't want to grind all the tasks with so little time left, we advise you to complete at least the first two tasks, Mountain Hikers and Sustained No More, as in this way you'll be able to get the Y'Shaarj Mercenary for free.
Did you manage to get through the event all the way, or maybe just settled on the first few tasks? How did it compare to the other three in terms of overall difficulty? Already looking forward to the next or could use a longer break? The Mercenaries mode clearly does not want us resting.