Hearthstone Global Games continues where it left off last week, as the matches of the remaining four initial groups are being played out.
For those familiar of the previous iterations of the competition, this year will be a lot different.
- 32 countries, each team having two players.
- Bo5 Conquest, 4 decks with 1 ban.
- In first round the 32 teams are divided in 8 groups of four.
- Each group plays through a double elimination bracket, with top 2 teams advancing to the next phase.
Last weekend Groups A, C, D, and E played through their matches, and this week the remaining groups will do the same.
- Group B consists of APAC teams: China, New Zealand, South Korea, and Thailand.
- Group F will have only European teams: Germany, Italy, Norway, and Poland.
- Group G is another Europe-fiesta: Belgium, Czech Republic, Romania, and Turkey.
- Group H has even more Europeans: Denmark, Greece, Russia, and Ukraine.
You can find the detailed brackets on Playhearthstone.com but BEWARE, this week's matches have already been played off-stream. If you don't want to get spoiled, don't click the link. You should be able to see the VoDs of all the games without getting spoiled here once the games have been streamed, just click the i-icon.
No official schedule has been given, so the following table will be based on last week's stream schedule.
We'll have the decklists of the eight advancing teams added to the site early next week in our result post! Stay tuned!