On the weekend, Dean Ayala, Hearthstone's design lead on both the core game and Battlegrounds, released some fun facts about Hearthstone's newest game mode. We previously covered some of these in dedicated news posts, so here's the rest of them!
1. Murloc Tidehunter is the most picked Tier 1 Minion.
2. Dancin' Deryl is the 2nd most played hero on the NA, EU, and Asia servers. He is the 11th most played hero on the Chinese server.
4. Among 5k+ rated players, Lord Jaraxxus has the 28th highest average placement. Among players with less than 5k rating, Jaraxxus is the 5th highest average placement. Among <5k rated players, he has the 2nd highest top 4 rate (69.5%), only behind Deathwing.
5. Among 5k+ rated players, The Great Akazamzarak has the 8th highest average placement. Among players with less than 5k rating, The Great Akazamzarak is the 20th highest average placement.
6. Lich Baz'hial has the 4th lowest average placement, but the 9th highest rate of 1st place finishes.
7. The least powerful hero in all regions at all levels is Millhouse Manastorm. He has the lowest average placement and lowest rate of top 4 and top 1. He could use a buff :).
8. Among 11k+ rated players. Nozdormu has the highest average placement.
9. Deathwing is the most powerful hero in all regions at all levels outside the very, very top rated players. We're playtesting him internally at +2 attack and will likely nerf him to that soon ™.
10. The most powerful hero in all regions at all levels was Tirion Fordring. We playtested with his hero power at (2) mana and it felt like too big of a detriment. We also thought about changing the minion pool but opted to take some more time to playtest internally while we deactivate.