- Secret Mage
So this deck was originally made as a way to challenge Demon Hunters, but I've found that it works surprisingly well against a lot of different archetypes. I figured Mirror Image would be strong against DH (copying their Imprisoned or Priestess). Since I was running one secret, why not more?
This deck operates like a tempo deck in the beginning with burn spells/generated minions as the main win condition.
- Ancient Secrets/Arcane Flakmage--- These two cards are a godsend in the early matchup. Ancient Secrets can generate 0 mana Flame Wards to deal with aggro, or 0 mana Netherwind Portals for insane swing potential. Combine this with Arcane Flakmage, and small boards are no problem.
- Mana Cyclone--- This deck runs several cheap spells, so Mana Cyclone serves as a way to refill the hand. Especially good with Ray of Frost, Magic Trick, and Ancient Secrets.
- Mirror Image--- A critical card against specific matchups such as Demon Hunters and Buff Hunters. Can copy dormant minions so you get them a turn earlier. Especially good against DH with reduced demons via Felscreamer.
- Netherwind Portal--- Good combo activator, and especially good to cheat out big minions if reduced by Ancient Secrets.
- Flame Ward--- Combo activator plus board clear. What more could you want?
- Fireball/Cloud Prince--- Flexible cards, but they often act as the main win condition. Gradually lower the opponents heath with board control, then finish them!
- Evocation/Astromancer Solarian--- Hail Mary cards. Solarian can be used for tempo earlier as a minion that buffs spells, but both Solarian Prime and Evocation are there to try and finish the game in desperate situations.
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!0
- 1 Evocation x 1
- 1 Magic Trick x 2
- 1 Ray of Frost x 2
- 2 Ancient Mysteries x 2
- 2 Arcane Flakmage x 2
- 2 Astromancer Solarian x 1
- 2 Mana Cyclone x 2
- 2 Starscryer x 2
- 3 Arcane Intellect x 2
- 3 Flame Ward x 2
- 3 Kirin Tor Mage x 2
- 3 Mirror Entity x 2
- 3 Netherwind Portal x 2
- 4 Fireball x 2
- 4 Polymorph x 2
- 5 Cloud Prince x 2