- Vargoth Is Stealing Away!
- Highlander Rogue
New update has arrived. This deck is completely overhauled to take a different approach thanks to new Uldum card, Clever Disguise, which gave me a nice idea...
HOW TO PLAY?
Game-plan is as easy as a pie: Mulligan hard for Cavern Shinyfinder followed by cards lower than four mana. When you start, play Pilfer/Hallucination on turn 1, followed by Cavern Shinyfinder to fetch your twin-weapon or Underbelly Fence/Vendetta to stabilize your Tempo on turn 2. Then, continue with Blink Fox/Shaku to get far ahead of your opponent. This opening is by far the strongest.
On turn 4 and beyond, it's really up to your skills to utilize Archmage Vargoth well. Now, you will see why Clever Disguise is important...
I can actually call this deck as Spell Thief Rogue, come to think of it, because of the potential these spells have illustrated above. When combined with Vargoth, you will double the pillage to have access to more resources...
However, that's not all. Double the upgrades you will apply to your Spectral Cutlass with Vargoth for more burst potential and heal. Crush the dreams of Aggro players...
And cycle out more (Fan of Knives/Mimic Pod) to gain more (Academic Espionage). Any spell strategies I explained until here can be done behind the shadows via Valeera the Hollow.
Let's have a look at some cards I didn't mention...
- Envenom Weapon: Makes your 2nd weapon dangerous. I mean, let's say you buffed your 1st weapon well via Poison/Oil and it was destroyed. Since you couldn't buff your other weapon well, a Poisonous effect is needed to kill other minions for certain.
- Hallucination/Undercity Huckster/Pilfer: Keep them in all matches during Mulligan Phase.
- Goblin Auto-Barber/Poison/Oil: Keep them away during Mulligan Phase. After you equip a weapon, they will be valuable.
- Ethereal Peddler/Emperor Thaurissan: They discount the cards you hold in-hand. Unfortunately, Ethereal Peddler can't discount Rogue cards when you are Rogue. However, if you get non-Rogue Hero card from Lotus Agents and play it, then you can discount them.
- Lotus Agents: With hidden changes, when you play him, he doesn't grant an extra durability or proc abilities of Vendetta/Underbelly Fence like he used to. Despite this change, he is still viable. If you get non-Rogue Hero card, that's perfect, especially when you face Rogues.
- Trade Prince Gallywix: Force out your opponent to play spell. If your opponent refuses to play, his/her death will be close. Also, you can use these spells with Vargoth.
- Azalina Soulthief: Whenever you are out of gas or if you want beat your opponent with his/her strategy, play her at the right time. Tak Nozwhisker is a good alternative to her because of better stats and Tak+Espionage combo if discounted via Emperor Thaurissan.
Have any questions? Feel free to ask, then I will give my answer in return. Please, test this deck just like me and give a plus if you enjoyed it as it means a lot to me. Otherwise, have fun in Wild format!
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!6
- 0 Backstab x 1
- 1 Deadly Poison x 1
- 1 Hallucination x 1
- 1 Pilfer x 1
- 2 Cavern Shinyfinder x 1
- 2 Clever Disguise x 1
- 2 Goblin Auto-Barber x 1
- 2 Underbelly Fence x 1
- 3 Blink Fox x 1
- 3 Burgle x 1
- 3 Envenom Weapon x 1
- 3 Fan of Knives x 1
- 3 Mimic Pod x 1
- 3 Shaku, the Collector x 1
- 4 Academic Espionage x 1
- 4 Hench-Clan Burglar x 1
- 4 Spectral Cutlass x 2
- 4 Tinker's Sharpsword Oil x 1
- 4 Vendetta x 1
- 5 Ethereal Peddler x 1
- 5 Lotus Agents x 1
- 5 Vilespine Slayer x 1
- 6 Trade Prince Gallywix x 1
- 9 Valeera the Hollow x 1