- Aladdin Paladin (Aggro Reno)
Aladdin Paladin (Aggro Reno)Last updated 3 months ago
- Archetype Highlander Paladin
- Format Wild
- Deck Type Ranked
- Views 2538
- Crafting Cost 16640
- Your Cost 16640
his magic carpet
and the other Genie!
Together they must face the threats of the evil Jafar
and free the beautiful princess Jasmine
(I assure you she's beatiful to a Murloc)
Inception of the deck
Right after reaching Legend, I switched to Reno Paladin homebrewing. And it turned out to be a failure in too many games. Despite my tweaks, an average Midrange Reno Paladin can't just deal with the current Wild meta: you're squeezed between relentless Aggro, for which you have limited removals, and fast Combo decks (OTK but also Control with swings that Paladin can only dream of so far).
So I switched my perspective entirely, I crafted Sir Finley of the Sands (despite his minor immediate impact) and went for an aggressive plan, fighting Aggro with my own Tempo, keeping the Highlander cards for versatility (finishers and survival when needed, basically adding an additional layer to the typical linear gameplan of Aggro). I am climbing back my ranks now, and could win consistently enough both against Control decks (Cubelock, Reno Priest), and other Aggro (Pirate Warrior, Demon Hunters).
You can and should apply some of each for the wins):
- large board + Sunkeeper Tarim/Zephrys the Great (Odd and Mech Paladin can't benefit from these)
- pressure with weapons, Aggressive HP from Sir Finley of the Sands (Odd and Mech Paladin can't use him), Leeroy Jenkins
- (against Control/Combo) You can protect your board at key points of the game with Never Surrender!, Rebuke (Odd Paladin can't use this), Loatheb, Oh My Yogg!. Just plan them turns ahead for when you have a significant board, don't play them at random: these are truly key cards. AND DON'T OVERCOMMIT (unless you have a backup plan ready).
- (against Aggro) Your plan is to play Tempo against them, ultimately wasting their resources with Highlander value. You can turn Highlander cards in versatile lifesavers (either to improve your Tempo, or to survive against Aggro). If you have a Magic Carpet at hand, try to plan for swing turns, try not to waste it. Reno Jackson is there to outlast Aggro decks that manage to be faster than you are.
- Don't make misplays. While you have a lot of versatility in this list, there's nearly no room for misplays here. Plan ahead your turns, and those of your opponent as well.
- This is still an off-meta deck, but I find it really fun to play, and decently satisfying about its winrate too. Your opponent will surely be baffled in front of your cards (and will hardly be able to make effective playarounds).
- Reno Jackson in an Aggro deck makes sense when you face a better consistent Aggro deck: you trade consistency for much higher survival. Since and as long as the meta is heavily Aggro-oriented, Reno fits this list.
- This deck is optimized for maximum consistency of crystology, Infectious Sporeling and Magic Carpet for insane swing turns.
- Air Raid provides consistency, to mimic Odd Paladin (not the same thing ofc, but quite good to refill the board).
- Dragonqueen Alexstrasza is NOT included because by turn-9 you should have already won or lost the game (Paladin can hardly win games beyond this point, without full-blown OTK). She'd be a dead card in hand in the vast majority of games.
Just know your cards very well, and even more importantly, know your opponent even better: this deck contains several cards to play around most of the decks in the meta. While npt optimal against any, it does have ways out against most of them. Play with the next turn (better with next two turns) in mind, and you will be good to go.
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!18
- 0 First Day of School x 1
- 1 Blessing of Might x 1
- 1 Crystology x 1
- 1 Lost in the Jungle x 1
- 1 Never Surrender! x 1
- 1 Oh My Yogg! x 1
- 1 Righteous Protector x 1
- 2 Air Raid x 1
- 2 Hand of A'dal x 1
- 2 Murgur Murgurgle x 1
- 2 Rebuke x 1
- 2 Sir Finley of the Sands x 1
- 3 Muster for Battle x 1
- 3 Rallying Blade x 1
- 3 Underlight Angling Rod x 1
- 4 Keeper of Uldaman x 1
- 5 Libram of Justice x 1
- 6 Sunkeeper Tarim x 1