- Reno Hunter
In his Emerald Dream, Rexxar saw a vision. There, his vision showed that victory can be achieved with Dragon's Fury. With the aid of his fiery friends, Rexxar is ready to unleash their power with this deck: Reno Dragon Hunter. Originated from Witchwood, with the cards such as Carrion Drake and Emeriss, Dragon Hunter wasn't considered as a viable archetype because of lack of resources Hunters had for consistency when it comes to Dragons, until now.
(Green Dragons are beautiful!)
Now you might ask, how come did Dragon Hunter become viable with RoS? You will see the answer while inspecting core cards:
1. Dragons: We need to check Dragon-related cards first.
- Firetree Witchdoctor: Ready to give you a spell.
- Netherspite Historian: Hope she can give you Emeriss to make your army gigantic.
- Brightwing: Welcome to our family, cute fella. Now, give me Trade Prince Gallywix.
- Twilight Guardian: Your fellow defender. SMOrc blocker.
- Wrathion: Another fellow defender that calls aid for assistance. He will call the Dragons above the sky, don't you worry.
- Chillmaw: Your angry defender. She is ready to spit down blue hell against Aggro players.
- Dragonmaw Scorcher: Get out of here, Odd Paladins. It's kinda mini-Chillmaw, but it gets the job done regardless.
- Crowd Roaster/Blackwing Corruptor: Ready to shot!
- Alexstrasza: Choose One; Your healer or your finisher.
- Ysera: May the Green Aspect bless you! Know that Ysera Awakens, your Dreams will come true, and she will give a taste of her Nightmares to your foes.
- Emeriss: Your enemies will be cursed by growing your army of Dragons bigger.
- Carrion Drake: Make her spit her poison, that will teach your enemies a lesson or two.
- Scaleworm: Hope it will eat a minion.
- Bone Drake: Care to get Kalecgos? Because, I do.
In short; defend yourself with Chillmaw/Wrathion/Twilight Guardian, have access to resources from Netherspite Historian/Firetree Witchdoctor/Bone Drake/Brightwing, then spit fire from the above with Crowd Roaster/Blackwing Corruptor/Alexstrasza.
2. Support Cards: Let's see...
- Nine Lives: Possess with Sylvanas Windrunner, raise Dragons with Bone Drake, or spit fire with Chillmaw.
- Stitched Tracker: Who can say no to extra Reno Jackson/Emeriss/Ysera?
- Zola the Gorgon/Barista Lynchen: Have some extra resources, even better when combined with Brann Bronzebeard.
If you don't have some cards, no worries there, I got you covered. Reasons are explained below:
- Wrathion: He is like Roll the Bones but Dragon version with Taunt. If you don't have him, or don't want to spend dust for Dragon archetypes only, Azure Drake is here to rescue you. Extra spell damage for Flanking Strike/Marked Shot and drawing a card makes Azure Drake a versatile pick.
- Chillmaw: During TGT-era, you might have dusted her because you thought she was a bad card. However, with Nine Lives printed, she is viable again. If you don't have Chillmaw for whatever reason, better use Primordial Drake.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: It's just that I want to have more options for Nine Lives, that's why I added her. You can swap her with any card, Unleash the Beast would be a good pick to contest the board.
- Nine Lives: Swap this card with any card, only if you don't have Chillmaw and/or Sylvanas Windrunner.
- Brightwing: I can understand if you don't want to spend your dust on the expensive version of Weaponized Piñata. If that's the case, Twilight Drake will be your best friend to get along.
- Alexstrasza: She can act as your finisher. In case you don't have her, swap with any card. I prefer a strong Charge minion such as King Krush thanks to potential Emeriss shenanigans you can perform.
- Ysera: Same as Alexstrasza, please have a look above.
- Barista Lynchen: Since I have Zola the Gorgon in this deck, you might say that Barista Lynchen isn't necessary because of overvalue. If that's the case, or you don't have her, eat Jades with Skulking Geist.
That's all for me. Whenever you have a question, just ask me. Have fun in Wild format!
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!12
- 2 Dirty Rat x 1
- 2 Firetree Witchdoctor x 1
- 2 Netherspite Historian x 1
- 3 Brann Bronzebeard x 1
- 3 Brightwing x 1
- 3 Gluttonous Ooze x 1
- 3 Zola the Gorgon x 1
- 4 Scaleworm x 1
- 4 Twilight Guardian x 1
- 5 Barista Lynchen x 1
- 5 Blackwing Corruptor x 1
- 5 Dragonmaw Scorcher x 1
- 6 Bone Drake x 1
- 6 Emperor Thaurissan x 1
- 6 Reno Jackson x 1
- 6 Sylvanas Windrunner x 1
- 6 Wrathion x 1
- 7 Chillmaw x 1
- 7 Crowd Roaster x 1
- 9 Alexstrasza x 1
- 9 Ysera x 1