- Primordial Deathrattlers - For the Late late late late game
- Deathrattle Hunter
So after playing around diamond 2 with priest and getting my arse handed to me by every warlock imaginable, I wanted to make a change and play some hunter but hell if I ever start playing face hunter for ranks, so I came out with this list, which surprisingly beats not only warlocks, but priest, warriors, with a good chance against paladin as well.
- Play for tempo in the early game, play primordial protector in the late game, and if that doesn't win it then Jewel of N'Zoth and Nagrand Slam will.
- Spell synergy with Kolkar Pack Runner to survive the early game tempo.
GUIDE OF SORTS
- Always mulligan for your deathrattles like Bloated Python and Teacher's Pet. Against paladin you would want your kolkar pack runners and wound prey, just about any spell. Kazakus and Mankrik are instant keeps, but don't mulligan your hand for it.
- Don't look past that Kindling Elemental. This card is deceptively powerful. It cheapens your Primordial Protector by 1, and easily curve into Jewel of N'Zoth on turn 8, powerful plays. If somehow you manage to get both in your hand, you can just play two 1/2s on turn 1, without losing any value for your protector.
- Kolkar Pack Runner is only really good in the early game, and along with Wound Prey. Plan your curve in advance, because you always want to Mankrik on 3, Kazakus, Golem Shaper on 4, Teacher's Pet on 5, golem on 6, and protector on 7 (if possible).
- I won't lie, this deck gets beaten hard by anything that doesn't care for board like spell mage or face hunter. In these cases, the best you can do is just to repeatedly spam the board with stuff so they don't get free on your face. Most players won't realise what they're facing until they see your first deathrattle, so they won't hesitate to waste your board, instead of going face.
- That tech Lock and Load is only for the late game, in case your opponent manages the god hand and removes everything despite all odds. Like every other tech card, you can swap this for some healing with Death's Head Cultist, at risk of making your jewel a little worse. Play it early if you can't curve, you don't have to get full value for this card.
Why no zixor?
- Because you don't want your jewel to get you a 2/4, and too many zixors just messes up your draws, which hunters are already having a bad time with. You never want to see a zixor unless its against paladin.
Why play Barak kodobane and then only play no 3 mana spells?
- Because mankrik's wife is too hot right now. Guaranteed 3/10 on 5 is about as sexy as it gets
This deck sucks against mage, which is everywhere right now
- Swap kolkar with Imprisoned Felmaw. Yes, its really that simple. If you want to give up the deathrattle dream altogether, but still crush mages, you can simply adapt the list by replacing jewel with Guardian Animals and Bloated Python with Trampling Rhino. You'll likely just lose to every priest as a result, unfortunately.
Why no tonk? I love tonks!
- I can't for the life of me make tonk work in this deck. Its only good versus warlock, and sucks against everything else, including priest. Getting it off Carrion Studies is your best bet, because this thing is too expensive, doesn't protect face, and bogs your draws.
Is kazakus better than playing rinling's rifle?
- Short answer yes. Long answer: depends on matchups. On the whole, I find kazakus just better because of curve, and because hunters can't draw for shit. Rinling's rifle is good against aggro and lousy against everything else.
Have some fun. Its a late game hunter for god's sake. That alone makes it worth it.
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!5