- Guardian Nature Twist
- Beast Druid
Guardian Nature Twist
Typical guardian animal deck with a focus on nature spells.
"Loose Fast or Win Long, The Druid Story"
This deck is full of win conditions that can compete with most popular decks. It's similar in play to the Mylagos or Ysera decks popular in druid right now but it synergizes much better throughout the game. This deck while like these will likely skip the first turn is not a ramp. Instead of putting all your eggs in the ramp and drop there are many good combos to use throughout the game.
You want to play a Fangbound Druid when you hit 3 mana. the Thornguard Turtle is there as a safety net I'm not going to go into individual matchups right now but if people like the deck, maybe later.
Without a Fangbound Druid: hold Nature Studies, Shan'do Wildclaw, Guff Runetotem, or Speaker Gidra
You may be tempted to hold an Innervate but don't, if you play this card before 7 you're in a tough spot.
You will likely skip levels 1/2 and drop something threatening on lvl 3. The most stable solution is a Fangbound Druid with a Teacher's Pet in hand. If you're going second toss that coin to get the Fangbound Druid out on 2 if you have a beast in hand to benefit from deathrattle.
Speaker Gidra + (Mark of the Wild or Ironbark)
- a 5 cost 2 card combo that leaves you with a 5/9 rush/windfury/taunt a Nature Studies can be a great buff for speaker especially if you're at 6 mana with a Guardian Animals in your hand
- if you can set Guff behind a taunt or uncontested they will have to burn a removal to get rid of him. If guff sit's uncontested for a turn you can make them pay with a plethora of nature spells. A quick germination on him or an ironbark on a friendly will reap rewards.
- A nice stable backup for round 3 that can clear most 1/2 mana problem childs or just soak a round. This early you can +1/+1 all beasts in your deck
Plaguemaw the Rotting
- pretty self explanatory, set out a taunt creature or buff one with an Ironbark and set Plaguemaw behind it.
- this along with Shan'do Wildclaw, and Germination will artificially increase the strength of your force on the board by duplicating beasts. try to get one of the +2 buffs on a beast and the duplicate it for double the fun.
Save Those Spells
All these early threats are just bait. Don't waste all your spells on them. You have a 5/9 Speaker Gidra? Don't throw 4 more buff cards on it. These early combos are just bait.
By 8 mana you should have Deviate Dreadfang or Guardian Animals. Or hopefully both. If your early game was fairly strong you should have been able to soak up a number of ways for them to deal with scaling problems but now you have more scaling problems. Use your Mark of the Spikeshell and Twilight Runner to keep high cost cards in your hand and keep on pummeling them.
By the time you get to 10 you will have hopefully not run out of cards, if you did, you pushed too hard early. Don't fear taking some damage early on if the cards don't come. And all of these cards will continue supporting the high mana game. They will run out of ways to deal with the continual threats you keep pummeling them with.
Moonfang + Ironbark + Germination
Guardian Animals + Ironbark + Mark of the Spikeshell
Deviate Dreadfang + Ironbark + Mark of the Spikeshell
Deviate Dreadfang + Innervate + Innervate + Germination + Ironbark
Finally drawing those level 3 legendaries with your Twilight Runner? Watch them struggle to decide what to leave on the board
Guff Runetotem + Germination + Speaker Gidra
got a Deviate Dreadfang or Moonfang in your hand? prep up an unbeatable board with
Fangbound Druid + Mark of the Spikeshell + Fangbound Druid
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!4
- 0 Innervate x 2
- 1 Nature Studies x 2
- 2 Ironbark x 2
- 2 Mark of the Spikeshell x 2
- 2 Mark of the Wild x 2
- 2 Thorngrowth Sentries x 2
- 3 Fangbound Druid x 2
- 3 Guff Runetotem x 1
- 3 Shan'do Wildclaw x 1
- 3 Speaker Gidra x 1
- 4 Germination x 2
- 4 Plaguemaw the Rotting x 1
- 5 Teacher's Pet x 1
- 5 Twilight Runner x 2
- 8 Deviate Dreadfang x 2
- 8 Guardian Animals x 2