- Dr. Boom is Low on Budget! Reno Stole All of His Money!
Dr. Boom is Low on Budget! Reno Stole All of His Money!Last updated 2 weeks, 2 days ago
- Format Wild
- Deck Type Just For Fun
- Archetype Mech Warrior
- Crafting Cost 8420
- Your Cost Coming Soon
Let's make this straight before we move on: All Wild decks aren't expensive. This is a big misunderstanding that needs to be changed. You don't have to gather lots of dust to make a competitive deck, including Reno decks. So, I will prove my points with Budget Reno Mech Warrior that only consists of three legendaries, all of which are used in variety of decks: Reno/N'Zoth/Dr. Boom. Without further ado, let's jump right into the guide...
HOW TO PLAY?
Reno Mech Warrior isn't something you will see often unlike Renolock or Reno Mage, so you might be wondering how to play this deck. Don't you worry, I will cover all the details by explaining how to battle against core archetypes...
- Aggro: Reno decks are based on Control archetypes, so Aggro players are your main enemies such as Murloc Shaman and Odd Paladin. No matter what kind of Aggro decks you face, always keep low-cost Armor cards during Mulligan Phase to stay alive such as Eternium Rover/Armorsmith/Plated Beetle. Ravaging Ghoul and Dyn-o-matic are key cards to keep during Mulligan Phase to show your middle finger to Odd Paladins with Never Surrender! AOE cards such as Warpath/Brawl will keep Aggro players out. In the end, play Reno to shatter the last pieces of hope for Aggro players.
- Combo: You need to time Hecklebot right to punish them. You can find more Hecklebots via Gorillabot A-3 and Dr. Boom. If needed, I advise you to swap Weaponized Piñata with Dirty Rat to punish them harder.
- Control: When you face them, you can beat them without a doubt. Mechwarper followed by any 4-Mana Mechs such as Piloted Shredder on turn 3 can be a serious threat if they don't deal with Mechwarper. Warriors are good at toe-to-toe battles, so use Omega Devastator/Militia Commander/Supercollider/Dyn-o-matic/Execute wisely. Then, close the game by playing Dr. Boom to grant your Mechs rush with a follow-up of N'Zoth to summon a gigantic army of Mechs, ready to trade and go to face. Play Dead Man's Hand as precaution to shuffle an extra N'Zoth in case of failure.
That's how you fight against your enemies. Keep on reading if you want to see more tricks...
- Omega Assembly: Extra three Mechs on turn 10 against Combo/Control can be game-changing.
- Weapons Project: Weapon destroyer and Armor generator. Two-in-one!
- Alley Armorsmith: Good replacement of Zilliax. Besides, as Warrior, you need Armor not Heal.
- Mechanical Yeti: Might stand as odd, but if you hit Time Rewinder, you can play N'Zoth again.
- Wargear: Good finisher. If not, you can Magnetize Eternium Rover for more Armor generation.
(...meets its demise.)
Let's agree with one thing: Don't ask me the replacements for legendaries. They are powerhouse of your deck, which means that they are irreplaceable. Also, Reno/N'Zoth/Dr. Boom trio really fits in harmony. So, with that in mind, let's have a look at optional cards...
With reasons explained below...
- SN1P-SN4P: Snippy is awarded to everyone for free during Rise of the Mechs event. If you have free Snippy, swap with Mountainfire Armor or Wargear.
- Piloted Sky Golem: Cheap version of Sneed's Old Shredder. If you are low on dust, swap with Mechanical Whelp.
- Weaponized Piñata: It's a valuable Mech that can save you with any Legendary. I can understand if you don't want to spend 400 dust, so why don't you try Piloted Reaper?
That's all for this deck. If you have any questions, ask me anytime. Also, rest assured, I will make cheap decks that cost four digits. Until then, have fun in Wild format.
- 1 Eternium Rover x 1
- 1 Omega Assembly x 1
- 2 Armorsmith x 1
- 2 Battle Rage x 1
- 2 Dead Man's Hand x 1
- 2 Execute x 1
- 2 Warpath x 1
- 2 Weapons Project x 1
- 3 Mountainfire Armor x 1
- 3 Ravaging Ghoul x 1
- 4 Militia Commander x 1
- 4 Omega Devastator x 1
- 5 Alley Armorsmith x 1
- 5 Brawl x 1
- 5 Dyn-o-matic x 1
- 5 Supercollider x 1
- 7 Dr. Boom, Mad Genius x 1