- Anti Meta Res Priest | FUN | Rank 10 to 5 with 1 loss
Anti Meta Res Priest | FUN | Rank 10 to 5 with 1 lossLast updated 6 days, 20 hours ago
- Format Standard
- Deck Type Ranked
- Archetype Wall Priest
- Crafting Cost 6660
- Your Cost Coming Soon
This is my first custom deck, and I have had tons of fun playing it for the past month or so. Feel free to leave constructive criticism as I feel this deck has room to grow/be played with.
Not going to do a separate write up for every class (Unless people ask for it) but I will give some tips and basic info about this deck.
Important: This deck is typically meant to be played slow, but has a decent amount of card generation/draw. Try to be wary of overdrawing and burning cards. Power Word: Shield, Extra Arms, Mass Dispel, and Seance can make this difficult. Burning the coin is always an option. Also always be wary of what is in your death pool. Thoughtsteal and Cloning Device may give you minions you won't want to play just due to their low health.
This deck can be played many ways:
- Having an early aggressive start by buffing Upgradeable Framebot
- Putting up walls with sticky/annoying taunt minions with hopes of building a strong death pool for Mass Resurrection
- Finding a TTK. With Power Word: Shield, Extra Arms, Divine Spirit, and Inner Fire you can turn a 4 health minion into a 40/40
- Fatiguing your opponent by making slow plays, leaving big walls up for them to break through, clearing their boards, and stealing their minions.
- Against Aggro opponents your two options are to either look for Upgradeable Framebot and Extra Arms, or even Inner Fire can work as well. Also searching for Mass Dispel, Mass Hysteria, Zilliax and Holy Nova. Try and soak up little hits at the beginning without overplaying too hard. Wait to try and get value when playing Mass Dispel or Mass Hysteria.
- Archmage Vargoth is usually a great turn 4 if you aren't behind on the board too much, but usually your opponent will target it anyways when ahead on the board as it's a scary minion to leave on.
- Zilliax is the only minion above 4 mana I would consider keeping, and usually only if I have coin. Can help you get out of scary early game aggro situations against Druid, Hunter, Paladin, or anyone really.
Overall looking for Upgradeable Framebot and any cards to buff it is a safe start, just try not to overplay too early, especially not with Divine Spirit. This is usually going to be your ace in the hole in combination with Inner Fire although you can usually waste one Inner Fire without worrying to much about it.
Combos / Big plays:
- Turn 9 Archmage Vargoth into Faceless Manipulator if you're ahead on the board or if the opponent is not threatening much, is very strong as it almost guarantees you to have one or two Archmage Vargoth in your death pool which is the dream with Mass Resurrection.
- Turn 9 if your opponent has a beefy mech or another minion that has been buffed or just has some juicy deathrattles on it, Faceless Manipulator it and then play Mass Dispel. This will typically leave your opponent feeling crushed, very strong against Mech Paladins.
- Usually playing Seance on Catrina Muerte or Mosh'Ogg Enforcer is a strong play but also works well with Archmage Vargoth and others. Maybe your opponent throws down something that could turn the game for you like Archivist Elysiana, the possibilities are endless really. Cards like these can also be found with Cloning Device and Thoughtsteal. I don't recommend keeping any of these spells in the Mulligan though. While there could be better cards to replace these, nothing is more fun that beating an opponent with their own cards. On that note there is one Mind Control in this deck so use it wisely, typically a late game swing after a board clear.
- One final tip, nothing crazy but Archmage Vargoth into Holy Nova is a pretty strong play as well, heal 4 to all friendly characters and deal 4 damage to all enemy characters.
I urge you to try this deck and just have fun with it. I feel like its a strong competitive deck in the current meta, although it can sometimes struggle against early aggro plays. Try and have as much fun with this deck as I have and please leave thoughts and comments below. (Please know the difference between constructive criticism and just being negative) Thanks!
FYI: Considering swapping out a Witchwood Grizzly for a Batterhead or a Damaged Stegotron but idk.