- Control Shaman
While Freeze Shaman is already a top tier deck in Wild, it doesn't mean it can be the only deck to try and play for the class. Enter Questline OTK Shaman, which uses a few... unusual cards, but perhaps the deck may be optimized with time.
Your main goal is to stay alive, controlling the board and progressing the Quest. Once you play its reward - Stormcaller Bru'kan, your OTK combo will be Call in the Finishers -> Bioluminescence -> Lightning Bolt for 34 damage; or 68 for 2x Bolt. With your Spell Damage minions, you can achieve higher thresholds - 2x Bolt + Novice Zapper gives 72 damage; 2x Bolt + Squallhunter gives 76 damage (requires Lightning Bloom).
You can, however, have decent damage push without relying on the OTK combo. You have plenty of ways to add some stats on board - aside from Squallhunter and Canal Slogger, you have Snowfall Guardian and subsequent Brilliant Macaws that both stall the game and give a large minion on the board. Bru'kan of the Elements also adds a bit of burn damage with Fire Invocation, on top of being a flexible card that also fixes some of our problems, namely healing.
- Always keep the Questline.
- If you suspect an aggro deck, keep anti-aggro tools in your hand.
- If you suspect a control deck, you can be a bit loose in your mulligan. You can possibly even keep Hagatha to get more value out of her Bewitch, and the Hero Power gets even nuttier with Bru'kan played.
- If you suspect a combo deck, they will usually be faster, but you should keep cycle and Overload cards to progress the Questline as soon as possible to have a glimmer of hope of outracing them.
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!1
- 0 Lightning Bloom x 2
- 1 Command the Elements x 1
- 1 Lightning Bolt x 2
- 1 Novice Zapper x 2
- 1 Windchill x 2
- 2 Ancestral Knowledge x 2
- 2 Perpetual Flame x 2
- 2 Sleetbreaker x 2
- 3 Bioluminescence x 1
- 3 Brilliant Macaw x 2
- 3 Lightning Storm x 2
- 4 Call in the Finishers x 1
- 4 Canal Slogger x 2
- 4 Squallhunter x 2
- 5 Don't Stand in the Fire! x 2
- 6 Snowfall Guardian x 2
- 8 Bru'kan of the Elements x 1