- Overstatted Tempo Taunt-Combo Shaman
- Aggro Shaman
The original seed of this deck is a combo going all the way back to obscure Shaman decks from GvG days: Ancestral Healing + The Black Knight + Injured Blademaster. Getting a 4/7 Taunt for 3 mana or an Assassinate effect + a Chillwind Yeti for 6 mana are powerful plays, worthy of two-card combos.
I've always wanted to bring that combo back to light of day.
Now, maybe Saviors of Uldum gives me that opportunity. Taunt hate, after all, nicely counters the greatest weakness of Mortuary Machine, which I think has some potential to be a powerhouse in the legacy of Fel Reaver and Bittertide Hydra.
So the rest of the deck followed:
- Injured Tol'vir because it's kind of like getting more copies of Injured Blademaster
- Shieldbreaker for additional Taunt-hate
- Booty Bay Bookie, Generous Mummy, and King Mukla as more overstatted minions with downsides that might not matter if you kill your opponent fast enough
- Saronite Taskmaster because it's overstatted with a downside, plus its downside plays into your Taunt-hate
- Dalaran Librarian because it's good to land its Battlecry on Mortuary Machine, Generous Mummy (especially after Reborn is used up), or Saronite Taskmaster
- Earth Shock can be used for still more Taunt-hate, or to get rid of the downsides of your overstatted cards in a pinch (not bad on Mortuary Machine specifically) ... or just use it as removal, it's a good card in general
- Faceless Rager plays well with other overstatted minions
- Round out the curve with generally-good Shaman cards that can be aggressive enough: Sludge Slurper, Sandstorm Elemental, Mana Tide Totem, and Hex
I was torn about whether to squeeze Corrupt the Waters in, as there are a fair number of Battlecries, but I decided against it because most of them aren't great to double. (*cough Injured Blademaster/Tol'vir cough*)
Like most Shaman decks, this could use more card draw, but I struggled to feel like putting in Loot Hoarders or whatever was worthwhile.
This is one of my more off-beat ideas for this expansion. Leave a comment with what you think!
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!0