- Questing in Secret
- Quest Hunter
While most Quest decks go all-out aggro with a Mech or Beast-centric build, I love the Control lifestyle and have been having a lot of fun with the Secret shell. I don't play a ton of ladder, but took this version from R14 to R10 so it's at least viable in the middling ranks.
- Ideally you control the board with secrets, Secretkeeper, and Sunreaver Spy early while drawing cards with Questing Explorer, Ursatron, and Subject 9.
- These cards, plus things like Snake Trap and Desert Spear will chip away at the Quest and then you finish it with Unleash the Hounds, Halazzi, the Lynx, and Swarm of Locusts.
- Lethal is set up via Unleash the Hounds, Revenge of the Wild, or SN1P-SN4P
Almost always keep Questing Explorer, but otherwise...
Against aggro (e.g. Murloc Paladin/Shaman, Aggro Warrior, Zoolock, Token Druid):
Against slower decks (e.g. Control Warrior, Quest Paladin/Druid/Priest/Warlock)
And then there are situational keeps based on the other cards you have or the specific opponent. For example:
If I have a nice 1,2,3 curve (e.g. Quest, Questing Explorer, Ursatron/SN1P-SN4P/Desert Spear) I'll keep Subject 9 to replenish/thin the deck.
Against Rogues I'll sometimes keep Rat Trap (especially if I have Secret Keeper or Sunreaver Spy) because I'm pretty confident they'll trigger it early with all the lackeys and back stabs. I'll also keep Snipe against them because they have a lot of 3 and 4 health minions they like to play early like EVIL Miscreant.
And when I face Hunters I'll often keep Secretkeeper and coin it out on Turn 1 to counter Secret/Highlander Hunters who often play a secret on T2.
- I'm still not sold on Pressure Plate and may replace it with Misdirection because there's so much Murloc aggro out there (at least in the 15-10 range). Another Revenge of the Wild would also be nice, but it feels too greedy at the moment.
- Previous versions also included Tracking and Hunter's Pack, but I found Ursatron and Zilliax to be a better fit.
- I also tried a more spell-centric version that included Rapid Fire, Violet Teacher, and Gadgetzan Auctioneer but found that those combos came online too late in the game when I wanted to be playing Swarm of Locusts and other combos to go wide instead.
- I toyed around with including another lethal set-up via Scarlet Webweaver + Tundra Rhino so that a buffed Swarm of Locusts (or Hyena Alpha) could go face, but I was usually dead by the time I got the pieces. It might be viable in a Beast Quest with Master's Call, but I haven't seen those builds playing it either.
Just leave a comment below and we can talk about substituting specific cards based on your collection!
Happy Hunting :D
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!1