- Freeze Mill Mage (Saviors of Uldum edition)
Freeze Mill Mage (Saviors of Uldum edition)Last updated 7 months, 1 week ago
- Archetype Mill Mage
- Format Wild
- Deck Type Just For Fun
- Views 624
- Crafting Cost 6700
- Your Cost 6700
Edit: 2nd December 2019. After halting play for November 2019 on this deck and instead trying a Highlander build which has been (anecdotally) much more successful on the Wild ladder, I have moved this deck across to a new deck now called "Freeze Mill Mage" (which you are now reading the guide for). I will keep both updated each expansion, but as a 100% combo build this version of the deck is much weaker to aggressive decks than the Highlander version.
Edit: 21st October 2019. I cut Zola the Gorgon and Novice Engineer for Cone of Cold and Skulking Geist.
Edit: 14th September 2019. We (almost) reached 25 upvotes but I had some spare (haha) time so I added basic play tips as promised! Next stop, 50 upvotes for more advanced play tips.
Edit: 1st September 2019. Luna's Pocket Galaxy is out. 7 Mana do nothing isn't great for this deck. I'm running a second Blizzard at the moment until I revisit the deck build.
Edit: 25th July 2019. Thanks to everyone for the awesome support on this deck.
What is Ultimate Mill Mage?
This deck is super fun and finally helped me realise my dream of the best archetype in Hearthstone - Mill Mage. That's right, Mill Mage.
Here we go!
Complete Open the Waygate using:
Stall your opponent with:
While making them draw cards with:
Finally, complete the combo:
Turn 1: Play Archmage Vargoth followed by Time Warp. Do not play any other spells. End your turn.
Turn 2: Play Molten Reflection on Archmage Vargoth and use your hero power on your opponent's face. Archmage Vargoth must be the only minion on your side of the board when you end your turn. Do not play any other spells. End your turn.
Turn 3: Play Violet Illusionist and Drakkari Enchanter. Use your hero power on your opponent's face. Play Research Project. Do not play any other spells. End your turn.
You win! Enjoy! :)
Basic play tips v1.0 (last updated 14th September 2019)
- Always keep Open the Waygate. This deck has only one way to win - complete the quest. You can't do that if you don't keep it in your opening hand.
- Always keep Ancient Mysteries. Ice Block is the only secret in the deck, and we want to draw it ASAP.
- Don't (ever) keep Archmage Vargoth, Molten Reflection, Violet Illusionist, or Drakkari Enchanter in your opening hand.
- Magic Trick, Ray of Frost, and Primordial Glyph are all good cards to keep in your opening hand.
- Polymorph is for Ragnaros the Firelord or Mal'Ganis. Don't let your opponent bait you into playing it on some other minion, freeze it instead.
- You want to keep the number of cards in your and your opponent's decks within 3 - 5 cards of each other. You win by having them draw cards. If they want to keep drawing cards, let them do it if you can manage the board with your freezes.
- If your opponent is clearly being greedy with drawing cards, try to keep your hand as empty as possible. Once they have 8 cards in hand it's time to play one of your Research Projects and one or more Coldlight Oracles. This deck isn't called Mill Mage for nothing. We can Mill them during the game as well as at the end!
- If your opponent is at 30 health, you can play the combo and win when they have 8 cards left in their deck.
- If your opponent has no Taunts in the way, you may be able to play the combo when they have as many as 10 cards (or more) in their deck. You will be able to hit them in the face for at least 8 Damage with your 4 x Archmage Vargoths thanks to Molten Reflection.
Advanced play tips
- Unlocked at 50 upvotes
Basic video play guide
- Unlocked at 100 upvotes
Vote On This Deck!
Enjoy this deck guide? Help others find it and show your support to the author by giving it an upvote!5