Basic Card Spoilers & Expansion Guide
The very first playable cards in Hearthstone were of the Basic set. This set consists of 10 cards per class, plus 43 neutral minions for a total of 133 collectible cards.
- Basic cards do not feature a set watermark behind the text.
- All Basic cards are free.
- Neutral minions are available from the start to all.
- Each class begins with 5 cards, and may unlock an additional 5 through levelling a class.
- A new class card is earned every 2 levels up to level 10 for each class.
- From levels 15 - 60 golden versions of Basic cards may be earned. This is the only way.
- Note: Two Basic cards were moved to the Hall of Fame and replaced with new ones; Vanish and Mind Blast. They are still obtainable, but only usable in Wild.
- On July 1st 2019 the card Succubus had it's name and art changed to become Felstalker.
Unlocking Class Cards
From levels 2-10 you will earn a new set of cards for the class you are playing. It is worthwhile to level every class to 10 to obtain each card. XP can be earned towards hero level in any game mode.
Golden Basic Cards
The shiny versions of Basic cards are only obtainable through levelling the 9 classes further. A different assortment of cards is available from each class.