Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Card Spoilers & Expansion Guide
Welcome to the big time, pal! Mean Streets of Gadgetzan was revealed at Blizzcon 2016, and released on December 1st 2016 - Patch Notes
Pick your poison and choose from 3 gangs of Gadgetzan. 132 new cards bring to life new strategies and new tragedies.
- New Allegiances - Which side will you take?
- New Tri-Class Cards - Three classes represent each gang, and several new cards are usable by three particular classes.
- New Mechanics - Each gang has a defining playstyle and mechanic that sets it apart from the others.
- New Lore - Plenty of teasers full of new lore were released leading up to the expansion.
- New Game Board - This game board is designed to showcase aspects of all three gangs.
Pre-Order & Launch Event
This expansion allowed players to pre-order a bundle of 50 card packs for $49.99 USD. This time, it did NOT come with an exclusive card backs, citing 'time constraints'. This has not happened since.
At release, a chain of 6 quests was available for players to earn a total of 6 free Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs and introduce some new lore.
Clans of Crime
The theme of this expansion revolves entirely around three unique groups of characters with various capabilities. Each consists of a group of three classes, which also share some new tri-class cards.
- The Grimy Goons
- Includes Hunter, Paladin, and Warrior classes.
- Gangsters and weapons smugglers.
- Primarily focused on muscle and firepower.
- Capable of buffing cards in hand.
- Some cards synergize with Attack and Damage values.
- Members are typically Orc, Tauren, or Goblin.
- Lead by Don Han'Cho.
- The Jade Lotus
- Includes Druid, Rogue, and Shaman classes.
- Assassins and Mystics that use forbidden arts.
- Excel in stealth, assassination, and turning murlocs into finjas.
- Summon progressively larger Jade Golems.
- Good synergy with Battlecries and Deathrattles.
- Members consist of Hozen, Jinyu, Mantid, Pandaren, and Vermin from Pandaria.
- Lead by Aya Blackpaw.
- The Kabal
- Includes Mage, Priest, and Warlock classes.
- Masters of potions that draw power from mysterious red Mana.
- Possess an unquenchable thirst for power.
- Build decks with no duplicates to harness awesome power.
- Each class has an assortment of different potion cards.
- Members can include Arakkoa, Blood Elves, Demons, Draenei, Ethereals, Harpies, and Trolls.
- Lead by Kazakus.
This unique card type functions as a class card, only this type of class card belongs to three classes. This allows any of the three classes to discover these cards. Each gang received three tri-class cards.
The Grimy Goons
The Jade Lotus
The Grimy Goons are equipped with several cards that buff minions you are holding in your hand. An animation for these is shown to the opponent, and they can see which is buffed.
The Jade Lotus summon Jade Golems to do their bidding. The first time you summon one, it will be a 1/1 minion. Each consecutive Golem summoned will have +1/+1 higher stats. Bigger golems get some different art.
Quite a few cards were released which enable Druids, Rogues, and Shamans to summon them. These are:
The Kabal are always looking for the ultimate power. These classes each received a class legendary plus one tri-class card which possess a powerful effect if your deck contains no duplicate cards.
A postcard teaser was tweeted by PlayHearthstone on October 24th that read "Greetings from Gadgetzan! As clean as it is safe!* The asterisk indicated an extremely long disclaimer around the border of the postcard.
"The word "safe" is not meant to constitute a binding agreement and does not imply safety, security, protection, preservation, peace of mind, confidence, reliability, dependability, or trustworthiness. Mayor Noggenfogger is not responsible for any accidents, burglaries, thoughtsteals, mind visions, hellfires, vanishes, whirlwinds, revenges, lightbombs, elemental destructions, excavated evils, consecrations, holy novas, flamestrikes, demonwraths, starfalls, shadowflames, swipes, explosive traps, arcane explosions, brawls, DOOM!s, lightning storms, blizzards, twisting nethers and other Acts of Old Gods, magical mayhem or disfigurement that may ensue. No beasts, demons, dragons, mechs, murlocs, pirates or totems were harmed, abused, disfigured, dismembered, declawed, detailed, decommissioned, exorcised, disarmed, or toppled in the creation of this postcard. We take no responsibility on the claims made on this souvenir of propaganda, or any predictions, suppositions, predictions, prophecies, harbingers, omens, portents, or conclusions that may arise."
Before Blizzcon on November 2nd another image was spotted on the PlayHearthstone Instagram account that included the postcard, some pirate coins, ink, and some other clues.
The Gadgetzan Gazette
Following the initial postcard tweet, multiple issues of the Gadgetzan Gazette were posted via blogs. Volumes 32 #7 and #8 were posted before the reveal, while the others afterwards.
| Volume 32 #7 | Volume 32 #8 | Volume 32 #9 | Volume 32 #10 | Volume 32 #10 - Page 2 | Volume 32 #11 |
Click Here To Skip Revealed Cards
Revealed Cards for Mean Streets of Gadgetzan
These are all the cards that have currently been revealed for Mean Streets of Gadgetzan.
Card Backs & Packs