Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Fractured in Alterac Valley's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Alterac Valley Hunter achievements (here's the full list of all the Alterac gameplay achievements) and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Demon Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Druid Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Mage Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Paladin Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Priest Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Rogue Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Shaman Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warlock Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warrior Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Neutral Achievements
- How to Complete Onyxia's Lair's Achievements
Alterac Hunter Achievements Overview
Quite the mixed bag for Rexxar this time around:
- Krush From Above! is a one-turn achievement and only requires you to execute the combo against a rather crowded enemy board.
- It's a Trap! is a pure (but not impossible) grind.
- Out for Blood is very annoying.
Edit: updated with the Onyxia's Lair Mini-Set "Gotta Catch 'Em All" achievement.
How to Complete the "It's a Trap!" Hunter Achievement
Requirement: Trigger 75/150/250 Hunter Secrets.
Speed Rating: 1/5
Hunter's Alterac Valley set is heavily based on Secret synergy, so it's only fair that the class received an achievement that asks you to do something with them. 250 Secrets to trigger is a lot, but you can absolutely get there with some dedication, especially since the Year of the Gryphon's Core Set has Explosive Trap, Freezing Trap and Snake Trap (all very good) available to everyone. However, both Beaststalker Tavish and Ice Trap are very powerful, so we recommend you make use of them.
We have two different decks for you, depending on the Constructed format you prefer. If you're a fan of Wild, we suggest you to play some of the old reliable Even Hunter, with cards like Mad Scientist and Phase Stalker helping you getting your Secrets online fast. We decided to showcase the most tested list we could get our hands on, but feel free to modify it and include some of the new toys!
On the other hand, if you prefer the Standard environment, Hearthstone streamer Chump recently uploaded a sweet Secret Yogg Hunter, which will progress your achievement and generate hilarious highlights at the same time.
- Although a niche scenario, Hunter Secrets you Discover with Shadowjeweler Hanar count towards this achievement.
- Wild format note: if you don't like going Even, Cloaked Huntress is your friend.
How to Complete the "Krush From Above!" Hunter Achievement
Requirement: Summon 5 Beasts with Wing Commander Ichman in one turn.
Speed Rating: 4/5
Wing Commander Ichman is probably one of the least exciting Legendaries of the set: 9 mana for Hunter is a lot, and Big Beast Hunter seems to be tier 3 at best right now. For those that are unlucky enough to open it, don't despair: at least you can get 200 XP out of it! In order to complete this achievement, we need our opponent to cooperate (yuck!) with us: in fact, we need them to have at least 5 units on board, so that we can kill them with Ichman's chain summoning.
In order to get there, we built a relatively cheap deck with lots of Beasts with either high attack or the Poisonous keyword, so that you'll almost always guarantee the kill and therefore the achievement. Here's what you should do:
- Have a rather passive game plan: no need to push for damage or waste resources - take it slow.
- When possible, take favorable trades and draw through your deck looking for Wing Commander Ichman.
- Taelan Fordring helps force Ichman into your hand.
- Play Ichman and start the summoning chain.
- Be sure to start your trade by always killing the most resilient enemy minion, so that if you summon a bad Beast you won't have to give up on the achievement.
- Get your XP!
- If you don't own Wing Commander Ichman but you still want to have a shot at the achievement, we suggest you add some RNG to your life and test your odds at the Resizing Pouch roulette.
- In the end, there are only ten 9 Cost Neutral/Hunter cards in Standard right now, which is a more than a fair number for you to go against the odds.
How to Complete the "Out for Blood" Hunter Achievement
Requirement: Deal 8 damage in one attack with Bloodseeker.
Speed Rating: 3/5
As previously stated, this is a super annoying achievement, as there are very little ways to get a shortcut. We'll still try to do our best though.
Ideally, you'll want to achieve Out for Blood by triggering Bloodseeker's Honorable Kill 6 times in a single game, but it is as difficult and as unreliable as it seems. Therefore, there are a few slight but still relevant ways to speed up the process. The cards we're referring to are Toxicologist and Ratchet Privateer, which will increase your Bloodseeker's Attack and allow you to swing, in the best case scenario, just three times (down from the potential 6).
Here are some other tips for the deck list you see below:
- Bloodseeker's first few Honorable Kills are relatively easy to accomplish, so save up your Toxicologists/Privateers for later.
- Use damage spells to set enemy minions into the desired Honorable Kill range.
- The Secret package is there because of the different Spell Schools, which enable remarkable Multicaster draws.
- Wild format note: have some Reno Hunter shenanigans and get an Inner Demon kill with Bloodseeker equipped thanks to Zephrys the Great.
How to Complete the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" Hunter Achievement
Requirement: Summon 70/151 Beasts with Pet Collector.
Speed Rating: 1/5
While we deeply appreciate the reference, this doesn't change the fact that Gotta Catch 'Em All is a very slow achievement, with no real way to speed things up remarkably.
We are aware that this deck is rather expensive, so for this reason we want to give our readers on a budget a more affordable (and definitely more achievement-oriented) list.
- Playing Frantic Hippogryph will give progression for its achievement too!
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your achievement progression journey, and we have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!