Just a short while after the first-ever Mercenaries limited time event, featuring Chi-ji and its companions, Team 5 is back at it with another one. This time, we'll venture into many dangerous Bounty zones with the aid of Leeroy Jenkins, an iconic World of Warcraft player and one of Hearthstone's fan favorite cards of all time.
Our journey won't be in search of just fame and success, but you'll be able to complete a set of 10 event Tasks, which will reward you coins for Leeroy and many other goodies.
Here are all the tasks that are available during the Leeroy Jenkins Mercenaries event. Click any of the links below to visit our guide for the task.
- Take'em Down Quick
- Complete Smolderwing Bounty in less than 30 turns in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Stick to the Plan
- Complete Dragonbone Golem Bounty with all your Mercs alive in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
- Lot Of Trouble In The Past
- Land the killing blow with Stonemaul Banner against Smolderwing in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins.
- 32.33 Repeating
- Complete Vandaar Bounty with at least 3 Orcs in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Vandaar Stormpike Coins.
- Scatter Them!
- Complete Heroic Fallen Guardians Bounty with only Fighters in Felwood.
- Reward: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Divine Intervention
- Complete Apothecary Helbrim Bounty with only Leeroy in The Barrens.
- Reward: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Random Coins.
- Deal 200 damage with Leeroy in a single turn.
- Reward: Golden Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary
- Do We Have A Soulstone?
- Complete Heroic Kazakus Bounty with at least 3 Dragons in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 70 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Kazakus Golem Shaper Coins, 25 Random Coins.
- A Rough Plan
- Complete Heroic SI:7 Smuggler Bounty in 25 turns or less in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 75 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Deathwing Coins, 25 Random Coins.
- At Least I Have Chicken...
- Complete Heroic Onyxia Bounty with at least 5 Humas in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: Diamond Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
As you can see, these tasks are quite the mixed bag: while some are fairly simple to complete, others require more than a bit of thinking (and luck: that one's always welcome) and planning ahead.
Moreover, certain tasks clearly state that you need Comps consisting on Mercenaries belonging to specific races in order for your progresses to count: the Chi-Ji event was about Beasts and Dragons, and this time you'll need the help of Orcs, Humans and Dragons.
Not all challenges might be as difficult as they seem at a glance: there are usually tips and tricks to be found to make everyone's lives easier. In this series of guides we'll take a look at how to complete each event Task, so that you'll be able to get your hands on all the rewards available. As of now, we'll focus our attention on our current task.
In case you missed them, if you click the banner below you'll have access to each of our task guides for this event.
How to Complete the "32.33 Repeating" Task from the Leeroy Jenkins Event
- Requirement: Complete Vandaar Bounty with at least 3 Orcs in Alterac Valley.
- Rewards: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Vanndar Stormpike Coins.
- Difficulty: 2/5
The first of the Leeroy Jenkins tasks that requires you to include Mercenaries belonging to certain races in your party. To be more precise, "32.33 Repeating" will ask you to complete the Vanndar Stormpike Bounty in Alterac Valley (Normal mode) with at least 3 Orcs in your comp.
Regarding the final fight, here's what it looks like. Vanndar Stormpike will appear as a Protector alongside two Stormpike Marshall Casters.
Each of these enemies have lots of stats and quite the frightening sets of abilities, but they have one major weakness: if you manage to take down Vanndar Stormpike, both Stormpike Marshalls will die with it. However, you do not have much time to execute your plan, as after 5 turns Vanndar will complete his conquest of Alterac Valley and you'll lose the fight.
Here are the moves you'll have to deal with while you fight.
- Vanndar Stormpike will open with Out of My Keep! and then it will alternate it with Vanndar's Thunderclap.
- Stormpike Marshalls usually starts with Judgment of Humility 3, and then they randomly alternate it with Master Tactician 3 and Shifting Satchel 3.
Your plan is focusing your damage output as much as possible on Vanndar Stormpike, dealing either focused or AoE damage to the Stormpike Marshalls when Vanndar is preparing to cast Vanndar's Thunderclap, so that you won't get blasted away by that ability.
Talking about Orcs, here's a list of all the Mercs belonging to that tribe currently available:
- Protectors - Garrosh Hellscream, Grommash Hellscream, Thrall.
- Fighters - Blademaster Samuro, Captain Galvangar, Rokara, Saurfang.
- Casters - Drek'Thar, Gul'dan.
Orcs are one of the tribes with the best synergies, as their abilities and equipment usually power-up each other, allowing you to snowball quickly and to absolutely demolish enemy Fighters and Casters.
On a final note, remember that the "33.32 Repeating" task asks you to run three Orcs, but it doesn't state that they have to be your go-to comp when climbing or facing Vanndar Stormpike: you may as well include three of them into your party and then think about completing the entire bounty with, for example, the Balinda Stonehearth-Baron Geddon-Ragnaros Fire comp.
Here are a few Mercenaries parties you can use to complete the "33.32 Repeating" task. You'll be able to choose between many comps, suggested by different content creators, as well as mentions of budget alternatives for our readers that don't have many Legendary Mercs in their collection.
Out of Cards Recommendation - Orc Comp
Our personal suggestion is going full SMOrc mode, with a party consisting of 6 Orcs.
To prove this comp of being fit for this task, we recorded a video showing you that you can pull this off with ease.
Here are a few tips for those unfamiliar with the strategy.
- The Merc trio you use to fight varies depending on what you're up against.
- If it's a Fighter fight, then Thrall, Garrosh Hellscream and Grommash Hellscream.
- If it's a Caster fight, then Blademaster Samuro, Captain Galvangar and Saurfang.
- If it's a mix fight, then we usually start out with Thrall, Garrosh Hellscream and Saurfang.
- For the final fight, you'll want Thrall, Blademaster Samuro and Captain Galvangar.
- If you start with Blademaster Samuro, make sure you always have a Double Strike 1 enabler on board.
- Enablers are Captain Galvangar's Fatal Strike 1 and Grommash Hellscream's Staggering Slam 1.
- Make sure to pick as many Orc buffs along the way, and possibly Windfury or Immunity for Blademaster Samuro and a Fighter boon.
ZombiesGoNomNom's Orc Comp
A little bit different from our recommended comp, but ZombiesGoNomNom shared an equally good Orc party for you all to complete this task with.
The only change is Gul'dan for Garrosh Hellscream for a bit more healing thanks to Siphon Life 1 and so that the Protectors fights will be easier to seal.
Old Guardian's Budget Comp
If your Mercs library is not particularly wide, worry not, as Old Guardian published a budget comp to clear the Vanndar Stormpike bounty with: it will probably take you more turns than a meta party, but we think you still have decent chances to get the job done.
- The 3 Orcs you're going to use are all free for everyone: Grommash Hellscream, Rokara and Blademaster Samuro.
- For the boss fight use the Nature comp: Bru'kan-Guff Runetotem-Lady Anacondra.
- The first time one of them gets sent back to your hand through Out of My Keep! put Blademaster Samuro in play, so that its Whirling Blade 1 will hard counter Vanndar Stormpike's Thunderclap.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your Mercenaries progression journey, and we have added an #mercenaries channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own parties that you've used to complete the tasks above.
Good luck taking on any of these Bounties for those sweet sweet coins or just for the sake of satisfying completion!
Is there a typo in task 5? Looks to be a copy paste error with 6. I think 5 should be the one with all fighters in Felwood.