We've got a brand new event in Hearthstone's Mercenaries game mode and it's here only for a limited-time! This time, we'll venture into many dangerous Bounty zones with the aid of N'Zoth, (in)famous Old God that already made its appearance in Hearthstone in Whispers of the Old Gods with N'Zoth, the Corruptor.
Our journey won't be in search of just fame and success, but you'll be able to complete a set of 10 event Tasks, which will reward you coins for N'Zoth and many other goodies.
Here are all the tasks that are available during the N'Zoth Mercenaries event. Click any of the links below to visit our guide for the task.
- Raiding the Shore
- Ice Sculpting
- Requirement: Complete Icehowl Bounty without any Blocks of Ice on the board in Winterspring.
- Reward: N'Zoth Mercenary.
- One with the Void
- Bunker Crashers
- Requirement: Complete Galvangar Bounty using 6 of Human, Dwarf and Elf characters in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 50 N'Zoth coins, 25 Balinda Stonehearth Coins.
- Murlocs in the Valley
- Bones and Golems
- Damage Supreme
- Requirement: Deal 100 damage with N'zoth's Corrupted Viscera in a single battle.
- Reward: N'Zoth Golden Portrait
- Requirement: Complete Emperor Thaurissan Bounty without setting off powdered kegs.
- Reward: 75 N'Zoth coins, 50 Balinda Stonehearth coins.
- Requirement: Complete Heroic Popsicooler Bounty with at least 3 Murlocs in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 75 N'Zoth coins, 50 Murky coins, 50 random coins.
- Requirement: Land a killing blow with N'zoth's Spawn of N'zoth against Gigafin or Gigafin's Maw in Corrupted Murlocs Bounty in Darkshore.
- Reward: Diamond N'Zoth portrait.
As you can see, these tasks are quite the mixed bag: while some are fairly simple to complete, others require more than a bit of thinking (and luck: that one's always welcome) and planning ahead.
Moreover, certain tasks clearly state that you need Comps consisting of Mercenaries belonging to specific races in order for your progresses to count: while the Leeroy Jenkins event was about Orcs, Humans and Dragons, this time you'll need the help of Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and... Murlocs!
Not all challenges might be as difficult as they seem at a glance: there are usually tips and tricks to be found to make everyone's lives easier. In this series of guides we'll take a look at how to complete each event Task, so that you'll be able to get your hands on all the rewards available. As of now, we'll focus our attention on the current task.
In case you missed them, if you click the banner below you'll have access to each of our task guides for this event.
How to Complete the "Visions of Conquest" Task from the N'Zoth Event
- Requirement: Land a killing blow with N'Zoth's Spawn of N'Zoth 1 against Gigafin or Gigafin's Maw in Corrupted Murlocs Bounty in Darkshore.
- Rewards: Diamond N'Zoth portrait.
- Difficulty: 2/5
We already explained how the Corrupted Murlocs final fight works in the task 1 "Raiding the Shore" guide: most of what we said there is valid for Visions of Conquests too, with the only difference that we need Spawn of N'Zoth 1 to land the killing blow on one of the two main enemies.
Gigafin will appear on the battlefield supported by its Maw, resulting in an all-Fighter match for your Mercenaries. Each of these two units has an aura ability.
- Gigafin - After 3 of your characters die, summon a random Darkshore Murloc. (Resets after summoning).
- Gigafin's Maw - After one of your characters dies, give Murlocs +5/+5.
Murlocs summoned by Gigafin's Maw's Chum Bucket.
As you can see with these aura effects, this fight will revolve around your opponents spawning units and capitalizing on them. We think the best approach against Gigafin and its Maw is to keep spamming Spawns from N'Zoth while putting at least one, if not both enemies low on Health. Such strategy is going to be difficult because your opponents will keep summoning Murlocs, and killing them will give Gigafin and its Maw additional stats, resulting in a vicious circle. Acting swiftly is crucial.
Here are a few Mercenaries parties you can use to complete the "Visions of Conquest" task. You'll be able to choose between many comps, suggested by different content creators, as well as mentions of budget alternatives for our readers that don't have many Legendary Mercs in their collection.
Out of Cards Recommendation - Orc Comp
Just like for Raiding the Shore, we think Orcs are the superior choice when it comes to hitting a bunch of Fighters in the head. Sure, now you have to use N'Zoth from the start, but sheer Protector damage is going to be very helpful.
Here's a quick clip showing you how it's done. Beware: as you can see, messing up is very easy, so do not be discouraged if you don't pull it off with the first try.
- There's not specific climbing comp: play what you want, based on what you're up against.
- If possible, save up N'Zoth: you don't want it to die before the final fight.
- Final fight comp is Thrall-Garrosh Hellscream-N'Zoth.
- Garrosh's Horde Strength 1 is quite good in this fight, since your opponent will go wide with ease.
- Spam N'Zoth's Spawn of N'Zoth 1 as much as you can.
ZombiesGoNomNom's Fire Comp
So, ZombiesGoNomNom heard you need to get your opponents low on Health? Well, the Fire Comp you see below is going to do wonders for you!
- Final fight trio is Chi-Ji-Ragnaros-Baron Geddon.
- Use this trio to put either Gigafin or its Maw in kill range and then let one of your friendly units die.
- Play N'Zoth and cast Spawn of N'Zoth 1 in order to complete the achievement.
Old Guardian's Budget Comp
Finally, we have Old Guardian with one of their great budget alternatives for our readers.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your Mercenaries progression journey, and we have added a #mercenaries channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own comps that you've used to complete the task above.
Good luck taking on any of these Bounties for those sweet sweet coins or just for the sake of satisfying completion!
I'm no Merc player in the slightest, but I think people really underappreciate Malfurion + Brukan + Guff comp. It has immense damage through Nature, superb survivability through Guff's taunt and mostly Malfurion's Liferoot Staff. I did 9 Tasks out of 10 with this comp. Switching it for Orcs only on Rotimer, cause he nukes the hell out of you. This comp is really good for any quest there you need to complete some special obstacle - like kill a bunch of deathrattles or kill an enemy with a specific minion. This comp does it all. Also I don't have half of the mercs used in advised comps.
I used the fire comp, although with Antonidas instead of Chi-Ji because I haven't leveled the latter as far. Climbing was easy, but the boss battle is pretty tricky. You can't really take it slow because the Maw's ability will keep buffing the opponent, but if you play too aggressively you might not land a final blow with the spawns. I got it on the second try though.