We've got a brand new event in Hearthstone's Mercenaries game mode and it's here only for a limited-time! This time, we'll venture into many dangerous Bounty zones with the aid of Yogg-Saron, fan favorite for its Constructed shenanigans and the third Old God that has come to pay us a visit.
Our journey won't be in search of just fame and success, but you'll be able to complete a set of 10 event Tasks, which will reward you coins for Yogg-Saron and many other goodies.
Here are all the tasks that are available during the Yogg-Saron Mercenaries event. Click any of the links below to visit our guide for the task.
- No Halftime
- Requirement: Complete Plaguemaw the Rotting Bounty with only 3 mercs.
- Reward: 75 Yogg-Saron coins.
- Sacred Groove
- Stay Cool
- Shallow Waters
- Absolutely Smashed
- Requirement: Complete Heroic Coren Direbrew Bounty with only Casters in Blackrock Mountain.
- Reward: 50 Yogg-Saron coins, 50 random coins.
- Perfectly Calculated
- Mountain Rescue
- Requirement: Complete Heroic Avalanchan battle with all your Mercs alive in Winterspring.
- Reward: 100 Yogg-Saron coins.
- Scuba Diving
- One To Rule All
As you can see, these tasks are quite the mixed bag: while some are fairly simple to complete, others require more than a bit of thinking (and luck: that one's always welcome) and planning ahead.
Moreover, certain tasks clearly state that you need Comps consisting of Mercenaries belonging to specific races in order for your progresses to count: while the Y'Shaarj event was about Humans and Pirates, this time you'll need the help of Naga and Night Elves!
Not all challenges might be as difficult as they seem at a glance: there are usually tips and tricks to be found to make everyone's lives easier. In this series of guides we'll take a look at how to complete each event Task, so that you'll be able to get your hands on all the rewards available. As of now, we'll focus our attention on the current task.
In case you missed them, if you click the banner below you'll have access to each of our task guides for this event.
How to Complete the "Shallow Waters" Task from the Yogg-Saron Event
- Requirement: Complete Heroic Siren of the Deep Bounty with at least 2 Naga in Darkshore.
- Game Mode: Heroic
- Rewards: 75 Fathom-Lord Karathress, 50 Zar'jira, the Sea Witch coins.
- Difficulty: 2/5
Shallow Waters is the first task from the Yogg-Saron event that asks us to to complete a Heroic bounty: for the occasion, we'll have to venture into the Darkshore zone, where we'll have to start the Siren of the Deep bounty.
As you can see from the picture below, Siren of the Deep will appear on the board as a 15/275 Caster with two Fighters, a 15/150 Naga Searider and a 25/175 Naga Giant. Each of the aforementioned enemy units has an additional effect:
- Siren of the Deep - When Siren of the Deep has 30 or more Attack, she unleashes a devastating effect!
- Naga Searider - Deathrattle: Give Siren of the Deep +10 Attack.
- Naga Giant - Deathrattle: Give Siren of the Deep +10 Attack.
The fight revolves around Naga Searider and Naga Giant buffing Siren of the Deep's Attack with Charge Spear and their Deathrattle, so that the latter will be able to unleash powerful damaging abilities.
There's no need to make things appear more difficult than they actually are: once Siren of the Deep falls, the rest of your enemies will crumble apart. Therefore, your main priority is to take down the final boss. As you can easily understand, Fighter damage is the most efficient way to achieve your goal.
Moreover, Shallow Waters will have you include 2 Naga in your party - here are the Mercenaries you'll have to choose from:
- Protectors: Fathom-Lord Karathress, Tidemistress Athissa.
- Fighters: Lady Vashj, Lord Slitherspear.
- Casters: Queen Azshara, Zar'jira, the Sea Witch.
Here are a few Mercenaries parties you can use to complete the "Shallow Waters" task. If the task will allow multiple solutions, you'll be able to choose between at least an efficient and a budget comp, so that our suggestions will accommodate any kind of player out there. Moreover, in case any other content creator will provide interesting strategies, we'll make sure to list them below.
Out of Cards Recommendation - Old Guardian's Holy Comp
Holy Comp, but not the one you're used to. While you usually think about Anduin Wrynn and Prophet Velen, this time around we'll make good use of the two Holy Fighters introduced recently: Yrel and Tyrael. Old Guardian recorded a very insightful clip you should definitely check out.
Budget Out of Cards Recommendation - Dragon Comp
To prove this comp of being fit for this task, we actually recorded a video showing you that you can pull this off with ease.
- The usual climbing comp is Nefarian-Sinestra-Yu'lon.
- Focus all your Fighter damage on Siren of the Deep so that it will perish as soon as possible.
- With Yu'lon, you can either use Jade Gust 5 on the Naga Giant or spam Jadeflame Buffet 5 to keep your party alive and healthy.
- Both Lord Slitherspear and Tidemistress Athissa line up really well into the fight, so don't be afraid to use them in case one of your Dragons die.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your Mercenaries progression journey, and we have added an #mercenaries channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own comps that you've used to complete the task above.
Good luck taking on any of these Bounties for those sweet sweet coins or just for the sake of satisfying completion!