Our old friend from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan has returned in Forged in the Barrens and he still loves creating custom cards! Kazakus, Golem Shaper is a legendary card in Hearthstone's first major set in the Year of the Gryphon and his effect is quite unique in that you can create a card to play that is tailoring to your needs right now.
Discuss this Card
Although the Golems created may not perfect, like our genie friend Zephrys the Great was able to conjure, they should be able to help us get out of sticky situations and close out games.
Kazakus, Golem Shaper
Kazakus, Golem Shaper has the same statline as the original Kazakus, a 4-cost 3/3 and although it isn't a highlander build around, we do see a deckbuilding restriction put into place - you can't have any 4-cost cards in your deck. Now, that doesn't mean you can't build a deck that has a few 4-cost cards because this effect will still work once you draw the cards out of your deck. If you want things to be consistent though, take it to heart and build your deck around no 4-cost cards.
So, what exactly is a custom golem? What beautiful minions can we construct on the fly and what potential do we have from the card?
Kazakus' Custom Golems
First, we need to explain how the effect works. Don't worry, it's quite simple and makes use of the Hearthstone Discover interface.
- Choose the mana cost of your golem. It can be 1, 5, or 10 mana.
- Choose the first effect (herb) to add to the card. You will be given 3 randomized options out of a pool of 6.
- Choose the second effect (herb) to add to the card. You will be given 3 more randomized options, from a pool of 6, to pick from.
- This effect has different scaling based on the cost of your Golem.
Once you have completed the above steps, you'll get your custom minion added to your hand.
Kazakus' First Herb Effects
There are six different herbs available in the first pool. You'll get to discover one of these options from a randomly chosen pool of three.
- Swiftthistle - Rush
- Earthroot - Taunt
- Sungrass - Divine Shield
- Liferoot - Lifesteal
- Fadeleaf - Stealth
- Grave Moss - Poisonous
Kazakus' Second Herb Effects
The second herb you get to choose is a new pool and the effects increase in strength the higher the cost of your golem is.
- Battlecry: Give your other minions +1/+1.
- Battlecry: Give your other minions +2/+2.
- Battlecry: Give your other minions +4/+4.
- Battlecry: Summon a copy of this. (This is always the same)
- Battlecry: Freeze a random enemy minion.
- Battlecry: Freeze two random enemy minions.
- Battlecry: Freeze all enemy minions.
- Battlecry: Deal 3 damage to a random enemy minion.
- Battlecry: Deal 3 damage to two random enemy minions.
- Battlecry: Deal 3 damage to three random enemy minions.
- Spell Damage +1
- Spell Damage +2
- Spell Damage +4
- Battlecry: Draw a card.
- Battlecry: Draw two cards.
- Battlecry: Draw four cards.
We've put together a tool to build golems! Head on over to Kazakus, Golem Shaper's card page to play around with it.
This guide will be updated with more information on the card when it becomes available.
Kazakus, Golem Shaper, works very similar to how the original Kazakus from Mean Streets worked. Choose a golem size (1/5/10), then discover an herb to mix into the clay for one effect, then discover a second herb. You get that golem, with those 2 effects, in hand.
Cant wait to see all the herb options. Always fun to have a build ya own card like the original one.
Well there's Swiftthistle, and Earthroot, and Sungrass… Liferoot and Fadeleaf… Oh, and Grave Moss… Of course you can't forget Wildvine. Gromsblood! And Icecap and Firebloom too! And Mageroyal… aaaaannnnd… Kingsblood! That's your checklist, achievement hunters. ;)