Demon Hunter Nerfs
Demon Hunter Nerfs is a Hearthstone patch released on April 9, 2020. It was versioned 17.0.0 with the build number 45310. It was released during the expansion Ashes of Outland
- Skull of Gul'dan - Cost increased to 6 (from 5).
- Imprisoned Antaen - Cost increased to 6 (from 5).
- Eye Beam - Outcast Mana cost increased to 1 (from 0).
- Aldrachi Warblades - Durability decreased to 2 (from 3).
Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll be keeping an eye on the power level of Demon Hunter. Our goal is to make changes when necessary in order to get Demon Hunter to where we believe it should be. Today, we’ll be applying the following balance updates to a few Demon Hunter cards in a server-side patch (meaning you won’t have to download anything):
- Skull of Gul’dan – Mana cost increased from 5 to 6.
- Imprisoned Antaen – Mana cost increased from 5 to 6.
- Eye Beam – Outcast Mana cost increased from 0 to 1.
- Aldrachi Warblades – Durability decreased from 3 to 2.
We wanted to get these changes out the door today, and in doing so you will only see the new stats for these cards—displayed in both red and green—in matches, not in your Collection. The red and green numbers will return to white and the cards will be updated in your Collection with a data-only patch that we’re expecting to deploy before the end of the day tomorrow.
For Arena, we’re making changes today that will see Demon Hunter class card offering rates decreased until we’re able to properly address the class with more accurate micro-adjustments in a future patch. The following cards have had their offering rates reduced in Arena:
- Chaos Nova
- Coilfang Warlord
- Command the Illidari
- Furious Felfin
- Glaivebound Adept
- Illidari Felblade
- Immolation Aura
- Priestess of Fury
- Skull of Gul’dan
- Twin Slice
4/8 Update: A full Arcane Dust refund will be issued for both regular (100 Dust) and golden (800 Dust) copies of Skull of Gul’dan and Imprisoned Antaen, as well as golden Eye Beam (1600 Dust).