Outland Balance is a Hearthstone patch released on April 20, 2020. It was versioned 17.0.2 with the build number 45932. It was released during the expansion Ashes of Outland
- Kael'thas Sunstrider - Cost increased to 7 (from 6).
- Bad Luck Albatross - Cost increased to 4 (from 3).
- Frenzied Felwing - Now has 2 Health (down from 3).
- Altruis the Outcast - Cost increased to 4 (from 3). Attack increased to 4 (from 3).
- Battlefiend - Now has 1 Attack (down from 2).
- Glaivebound Adept - Now has 6 Attack (down from 7).
- Sacrificial Pact - Now can only target friendly Demons.
- Bloodbloom - Cost increased to 4 (from 2).
- Libram of Justice - Cost decreased to 5 (from 6).
- Open the Waygate - Quest criteria increased to 8 spells (from 6).
4/20 Update: This patch is now live on all platforms.
In our recent Reddit AMA, we spoke on a few balance updates we intend to make soon. We’re now ready to share the full details of these updates, which will be included in the 17.0.2 patch planned for early next week.
- Old: Cost 6 mana → New: Cost 7 mana.
- Old: Cost 3 mana → New: Cost 4 mana.
- Old: 3 Attack / 3 Health → New: 3 Attack / 2 Health.
Demon Hunter –
- Old: Cost 3 mana, 3 Attack / 2 Health → New: Cost 4 mana. 4 Attack / 2 Health.
- Old: 2 Attack / 2 Health → New: 1 Attack / 2 Health.
- Old: 7 Attack / 4 Health → New: 6 Attack / 4 Health.
- Old: Destroy a Demon. Restore 5 Health to your hero. → New: Destroy a friendly Demon. Restore 5 Health to your hero.
- Old: Cost 2 mana → New: Cost 4 mana.
- Old: Cost 6 mana → New: Cost 5 mana.
- Old: Cast 6 spells that didn’t start in your deck. Reward: Time Warp. → New: Cast 8 spells that didn’t start in your deck. Reward: Time Warp.
*The following cards will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.0.2 patch has been released:
Golden Altruis the Outcast
Golden/Normal Bad Luck Albatross
Golden/Normal Frenzied Felwing
Golden/Normal Open the Waygate
- Old: Minions cost 2 Gold. Refresh costs 2 Gold. Start with 3 Gold. → New: Minions cost 2 Gold. Refresh costs 2 Gold. Tavern Tiers cost (1) more. Start with 3 Gold.
The Lurker Below is now properly tagged as a Beast.
Fixed a tracking issue that prevented 500 wins with Demon Hunter from being achieved.
Fixed a bug where Zephrys the Great would not offer a lethal option if your hero had a large amount of Attack.
Zephrys the Great has been updated to accommodate the Sacrificial Pact and Glaivebound Adept changes.
4/17 EDIT: Updated which cards are eligible for a full dust refund.