Galakrond's Awakening is a Hearthstone patch released on Jan. 21, 2020. It was versioned 16.2.0 with the build number 39954. It was released during the expansion Galakrond's Awakening
New Collectible Cards
New cards have been added to the game.
New Druid Cards
- Winged Guardian - Take these broken wings, be reborn, and learn to fly again.
- Steel Beetle - Steel you can trust—fashioned from the husk of an over-sized creepy-crawly.
- Rising Winds - Do not talk to me or my chick ever again.
New Hunter Cards
- Rotnest Drake - Clean your room, or I'm taking your favorite minion away!
- Chopshop Copter - Invention is the mother of entropy.
- Fresh Scent - *Sniff, sniff* Elite troops... *sniff, sniff* ...armed to the teeth and... *sniff, sniff* ...BAAACON!
New Mage Cards
- Animated Avalanche - Always sliding down mountains because it can't stop talking with its hands.
- Arcane Amplifier - Not on good terms with warlocks.
New Paladin Cards
- Scalelord - It's about what they have in common, not what makes them different.
- Air Raid - It's difficult to get an air raid together. You have to get twenty-five people, and they all want to play a paladin!
- Shotbot - Impact detected. Assuming hero pose.
New Priest Cards
- Dark Prophecy - It's always a dark prophecy with Madame Lazul. Where's my happy, fluffy prophecy?!
- Cleric of Scales - If she can't find a spell, it's a clerical error.
- Aeon Reaver - Ripping centuries asunder helps him manage his busy schedule.
New Rogue Cards
- Shadow Sculptor - Carving out new territory in the realm of shadow puppetry.
- Skyvateer - When you go without fruits in an airship, you get a nasty case of skyvy.
- Waxmancy - The waxmancer works with flame and form, giving shape to figures warm. Some think he's a crazy creeper, but crafting minions is simply cheaper.
New Shaman Cards
- The Fist of Ra-den - The mighty Ra-den was known as the Keeper of Storms. Unfortunately, he could not keep his fist.
- Eye of the Storm - If that's the eye, I would hate to see the rest of the storm.
- Explosive Evolution - Let's give a big hand for goblin experimentation!
New Warlock Cards
- Chaos Gazer - No matter the game rules, it's always playing Go Fish.
- Twisted Knowledge - People eat eight spiders in their sleep per year. Centaurs have two rib cages. Dwarves are just counterfeit titans.
- Fiendish Servant - Putting the "r" in fiend.
New Warrior Cards
- Bomb Wrangler - Bomb Wranglers tend to have short fuses and even shorter lifespans.
- Risky Skipper - Sworn enemy of the Safety Matey.
- Boom Squad - Discover the meaning of squad goals.
New Neutral Cards
- Grand Lackey Erkh - Esteemed leader of Rafaam's Inhuman Resources department.
- Sky Gen'ral Kragg - He's gunning for Sky Adm'ral.
- Boompistol Bully - Preventing insults with injuries.
- Escaped Manasaber - Captive manasabers don't behave much better--they're always scratching your furniture and coughing up mana balls.
- Frenzied Felwing - Not to be confused with the "friendsy” felwing.
- Licensed Adventurer - "Just point me in the vague direction of the things you want smashed, and you got yourself a deal!"
- Hailbringer - Knows every way to greet someone.
- Skydiving Instructor - "Is it dangerous?" "For me? Not at all. Now jump!"
The final stage of Arch-Villain Rafaam’s nefarious plan has now been set in motion – will you join the League of E.V.I.L. as an accomplice in unleashing Galakrond’s destruction, or take up arms with the League of Explorers in a final daring attempt to save the world? Experience the final epic clash from both sides of the story, including two completely different endings, in Galakrond’s Awakening!
With this update, Hearthstone’s new solo adventure is live, along with new content and balance changes for Battlegrounds (including two new Heroes!).
Galakrond’s Awakening: Chapter 1 – Live Now!
The frantic foray to reach Galakrond’s remains begins on the Frozen Coast of Northrend – jump in straight away with the free first chapter of the E.V.I.L campaign! Chapter One of the Explorers campaign, which comes with three bonus collectible cards, is available for $6.99 or 700 gold. If you’re planning to go the distance with Galakrond’s Awakening, consider picking up the full adventure for $19.99, which includes all chapters and 35 collectible card rewards to unlock as you progress! For the full details on Chapter 1 and the new collectible cards, head here.
Hearthstone Battlegrounds Update
- Tirion Fordring:
- Honorable Warband: [Cost 1] Give minions with no minion type +1/+1.
- Millhouse Manastorm:
- Manastorm: [Passive] Minions cost 2 Gold. Refresh costs 2 Gold. Start with 2 Gold.
- Imprisoner: [Demon] 3 Attack, 3 Health.
- Taunt, Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 Imp.
- Fiendish Servant: [Demon] 2 Attack, 1 Health.
- Deathrattle: Give this minion’s Attack to a random friendly minion.
- Voidwalker: Has been removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
- Golden Zapp Slywick: Now has Mega-Windfury instead of Windfury.
- Sir Finley Mrrgglton: Has been removed from the Battlegrounds Hero Pool.
- Note: Finley will be returning in a future update with a new Hero Power.
- Minion lineup history has been added to the Bonus Stats Page! Now, you’ll be able to see your last 5 board states (as of the recruit phase immediately before you won or lost).
- When hovering over opponents on the scoreboard, you will now be able to see how many of the majority minion Tribe are currently in their lineup.
- Note: If your opponent has the same number of minions from multiple Tribes the scoreboard will display “Mixed Minions”.
In-Game Matchmaking Adjustments:
- We’ve adjusted the algorithm that determines which opponent you face each round in a Battlegrounds match. You will no longer face the same player, or Kel’Thuzad, more than once in every 3 combat rounds (unless there are 2 players remaining).
- Note: This change is being implemented with the 16.2 update, however, it will go live with a later server-side update.
Game Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Several fixes were implemented for bugs which could result in client crashes when playing Hearthstone on iPad.
- Myra’s Unstable Element and Enhance-a-matic now fill your hand to maximum after playing Valdris Felgorge.
- Fixed the banner icons on copies of minions created after playing Crystal Core.
- Spawn animations have been disabled when playing minions from your hand in Battlegrounds games.
- Increased the drag speed of minions in the Shop phase of Battlegrounds.
- Cut down the animation time of the Poison effect in Battlegrounds.
- Reduced the amount of screen shake in Battlegrounds games.
- Minion “sleep” animations (Zzz) have been disabled in Battlegrounds games.
Battlegrounds Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where +0 rating was incorrectly shown at the end of the game.
- Fixed an issue where minions would swap positions on the board when playing and moving them very quickly.
- Fixed an issue where minions in the shop would be un-interactable if you clicked on them immediately after a refresh.
- Fixed an issue where Battlegrounds buttons could not be clicked while the hand was enlarged on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue on mobile devices where tapping a minion would cause it to hover on the board.
- Fixed an issue where Zapp Slywick would attack a Taunt minion before redirecting to his correct target.
- Note: This caused Secrets like Autodefense Matrix to trigger on the Taunt minion instead of Zapp’s real target.
- Fixed an issue where a minion’s voice over line would play when buying a minion immediately after a reroll.
- Fixed an issue where a minion resurrected by Redemption would not attack.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the effects of normal Brann Bronzebeard and golden Brann Bronzebeard to stack.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the effects of normal Baron Rivendare and golden Baron Rivendare to stack.
- Fixed several issues related to spectating Battlegrounds games.
- A fix has been implemented to prevent an accidental use of the Hero Power during the hero select phase.
- History for damage done to Kel’Thuzad now correctly includes damage from minions.