Darkmoon Nerfs is a Hearthstone patch released on Dec. 15, 2020. It was versioned 19.2.0 with the build number 68600. It was released during the expansion Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Shardshatter Mystic - Now costs 4 (up from 3).
- Voracious Reader - Now costs 3 (up from 2).
- Blade Dance - Now costs 3 (up from 2).
- Lorekeeper Polkelt - Now costs 5 (up from 4).
- Dinotamer Brann - Now costs 8 (up from 7).
- Dreadlord's Bite - Now has 2 Attack (down from 3).
Happy Feast of Winter Veil! The 19.2 patch, releasing on December 15, welcomes the Old Gods to Battlegrounds as new Heroes along with 10 new minions and the addition of a limited-time Darkmoon Prizes system! The patch also features balance updates for Standard and Duels, a new Book of Heroes for both Garrosh and Uther, game improvements, and more!
As a thank you for being part of our community, we’re also rewarding all players with 5 Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs and 500 gold just for logging in after the 19.2 patch has been released!*
*All rewards will only be granted once per account. Must log in before January 18, 2021.
With this new Battlegrounds season, we will be resetting all players' external rating to 0. For more information about our Battlegrounds rating system read our Dev Insights blog! Ratings will be reset once per expansion.
We’re introducing a new limited-time mechanic—Darkmoon Prizes! Every four turns you’ll Discover a Darkmoon Prize and add it to your hand. As the game progresses, you’ll be offered increasingly powerful Darkmoon Prizes to play with. From immediately impactful buffs to game-lasting effects, Darkmoon Prizes will add a new twist to every Battlegrounds match for the next two months!
Dev Comment: Only one player can Discover Ice Block on Prize Turn 3, but it can also be created by Big Winner.
- Saturday C’Thuns! [Costs 2]
- At end of turn, give a friendly minion +1/+1. Repeat 0 Times. (Upgrades after each use!)
- Avatar of N’Zoth [Passive]
- Start the game with a 1/1 Fish that gains all your Deathrattles in combat.
- Embrace your Rage [Costs 2]
- Start of Combat: Add a minion from your Tavern Tier to your warband. Keep it.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to these new Heroes before they’re formally released on December 29.
HERO POOL UPDATES
- Galakrond has been temporarily removed from the Battlegrounds Hero Pool.
- Sir Finley Mrrgglton has returned to the Battlegrounds Hero Pool.
- The Great Akazamzarak has returned to the Battlegrounds Hero Pool.
- Competitive Spirit has been added to The Great Akazamzarak’s Secret pool.
Zephrys, the Great
- Come One, Come All!
- Increased overall chances of getting tickets after turn 1.
- Three Wishes
- Old: [Costs 4] → New: [Costs 3]Patches the Pirate
- Pirate Parrrrty!
- Old: [Costs 4] → New: [Costs 3]
NEW MINIONSAcolyte of C’Thun
- [Tier 1] 2 Attack, 2 Health
- Reborn. Taunt.
- [Tier 2] 2 Attack, 3 Health
- Taunt. Whenever this is attacked, give adjacent minions +1/+1.
Warden of Old
- [Tier 3] 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Deathrattle: Add a Gold Coin to your hand.
Arm of the Empire
- [Tier 3] 4 Attack, 5 Health
- Whenever a friendly Taunt minion is attacked, give it +3 Attack.
- [Tier 4, Demon] 4 Attack, 4 Health
- After you summon a Demon, gain +1/+1 permanently.
- [Tier 4] 5 Attack, 5 Health
- After a friendly minion with Taunt dies, give its neighbors +2/+2.
Champion of Y’Shaarj
- [Tier 4] 2 Attack, 2 Health
- Whenever a friendly Taunt minion is attacked, gain +1/+1 permanently.
- [Tier 5] 4 Attack, 4 Health
- Battlecry: Choose a minion in Bob’s Tavern. Transform into a plain copy of it.
Mythrax, the Unraveler
- [Tier 5] 4 Attack, 4 Health
- At the end of your turn, gain +1/+2 for each minion type you control.
Elistra the Immortal
- [Tier 6] 7 Attack, 7 Health
- Divine Shield. Reborn. Whenever a friendly Taunt minion is attacked, this gets attacked instead.
MINION POOL UPDATES
- Righteous Protector has been removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
- The Beast has been removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
- Crowd Favorite has been removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
- Shifter Zerus has been removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
Standard Balance UpdatesBlade Dance
- Old: [Costs 2] → New: [Costs 3]Shardshatter Mystic
- Old: [Costs 3] → New: [Costs 4]Dreadlord’s Bite
- Old: 3 Attack, 2 Durability → New: 2 Attack, 2 DurabilityDinotamer Brann
- Old: [Costs 7] → New: [Costs 8]Voracious Reader
- Old: [Costs 2] → New: [Costs 3]Lorekeeper Polkelt
- Old: [Costs 4] → New: [Costs 5]
All craftable cards listed above will be eligible for a full dust refund for 2 weeks after the 19.2 patch goes live.
Duels Balance Updates
- Reduced the number of unique Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Epic cards required for unlocking Hero Power #2 for each class from 10 to 5.
- Reduced the number of unique Madness at the Darkmoon Faire cards required for unlocking Signature Treasure #2 for each class from 100 to 90.
- Reduced the number of unique Scholomance Academy Epic cards required for unlocking Signature Treasure #3 for each class from 20 to 15.
- Updated wording of criteria for Hero Powers and Signature Treasures to better reflect unlock requirements.
- Removed Battlecry from Shadowshell Informant.
- Old: [Costs 2] → New: [Costs 1]Killmox the Banished One
- Old: Rush. Lifesteal. This minion has +2/+2 for each card you discarded this game. If this minion is discarded, return it to your hand. → New: Rush. Lifesteal. This minion has +1/+1 for each card you discarded this game. If this minion is discarded, return it to your hand.
- Dev Comment: Turns out Killmox was a Killjoy…moved to +1/+1.Mo’arg Outcast
- Old: [Costs 3] → New: [Costs 4]Gift of the Legion
- Old: [Costs 2] → New: [Costs 3]Herding Horn
- Old: [Costs 5] → New: [Costs 4]Drocomurchanicas
- Old: [Costs 5] → New: [Costs 4]
Rewards & Progression Updates
We’re making several major changes to the new progression system in the 19.2 patch:
- Reducing the amount of experience needed to reach certain levels on the Rewards Track.
- Reduced total required XP for completing the Rewards Track by 37,000 XP.
- Adjusting a variety of Daily and Weekly Quests that feel unrewarding or too difficult.
- Removed ‘Finish an Arena run with 4 or more wins’ Quest.
- Removed ‘Play an Old God Legendary from the Darkmoon Faire 10 times’ Quest.
- Adjusted ‘Play 50 Corrupt cards’ Quest to now read ‘Play 30 Corrupt cards’.
- Adjusted ‘Win 7 games of Ranked Play mode’ to ‘Win 5 games of Ranked Play mode’.
- Adjusted ‘Finish in top 2 in Battlegrounds’ to ‘Finish in top 4 in Battlegrounds’
- Adjusted ‘Deal 2,000 damage to enemy minions in Battlegrounds’ to ‘Deal 1,500 damage to enemy minions in Battlegrounds’
- Adjusted ‘Play two 10 cost cards’ to ‘Play one 10 cost card’
- Adjusted ‘Play 20 Murlocs’ to ‘Play 10 Murlocs’
- Adjusted ‘Play 6 Weapons’ to ‘Play 4 Weapons’
- Adjusted all 800 XP Daily Quests to award 900 XP.
- Adjusted applicable quests to count progress from Tavern Brawls and Battlegrounds.
- Adding more rewards to certain levels of the Rewards Track and expanding the Rewards Track levels above level 50.
- Added 50 additional Gold each to levels 27 and 30. Players who hit these milestones before the 19.2 patch will be compensated in a future update.
- Expanded levels 51-150 to a maximum level of 350 and adjusted each level after level 50 to require 1/3 as much XP and reward 50 Gold.
For more, you can find our full update on the Rewards Track here. After these changes are implemented, your existing earned XP value will be retained, so upon your next login you will likely see additional progress through multiple levels. Please ensure that you review your rewards after updating to the 19.2 patch to see what you can now claim.
Dev Comment: Removed quests will need to be rerolled or completed. For the quests that have their requirements reduced in 19.2, if you already have progress on that quest at or above the new quota to complete, the quest will not automatically complete. You’ll need to advance that quest requirement by one for it to complete.
Winter Veil Quests
Winter Veil is underway! Get into the holiday spirit by completing a Legendary Quest chain that rewards a total of 4 Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs! These two quests will appear one at a time on your Quest Log and will not override any of your other quests.
Book of Heroes Garrosh
Follow Garrosh’s journey to becoming the Warlord of the Warsong clan in the next installment of Hearthstone Book of Heroes, releasing on December 16! Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Warrior Pack, containing only Warrior cards from Standard!
Book of Heroes Uther
Then, on January 5, protect the weak, bring justice to the unjust, and vanquish evil! Defeating all 8 bosses in Uther’s Book of Heroes will reward 1 Paladin Pack, containing only Paladin cards from Standard! Dev Comment: The Achievement for completing Book of Heroes Uther is missing. This is a known issue that will be fixed in a future update.
Miscellaneous Updates & Game Improvements
- We’ve updated our minimum spec requirement for mobile devices to 2GB of memory. Mobile devices with fewer than 2GB will no longer be supported. Please see our recommended and minimum configurations for Hearthstone here for additional information.
- Fixed some slow animation issues with various minions in Battlegrounds, most notably when refreshing Bob's Tavern with Nomi, Kitchen Nightmare in play.
- Fixed a bug where locked mana crystals were not displaying correctly after disconnecting and reconnecting to a match.
- Fixed a bug where certain sound effects would continuously play after disconnecting and reconnecting to a match.
- Fixed a bug where Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate’s Wheel of Fate could disconnect players.
- Fixed a bug where Oh My Yogg would not properly generate spells created by Twinspells.
- Fixed a bug where the targeting arrow for Battlecry minions was not working properly on mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug where targeting arrows could appear on the Victory or Defeat screens.