Legends of Runeterra's Guardians of the Ancient launches later today, and we've put together all the information you're going to need to know for the release. This is the 2nd expansion of Set 4, which brought us the Shurima region.
Guardians of the Ancient Fast Facts
- 42 new collectible cards including 3 champions.
- 1 new keyword, Blade Dance.
- The release will go live today, May 5th, at around 10 am PST.
You can review all 42 cards independently in our Guardians of the Ancient Expansion Guide. We also wrote reviews about the champions and some of the cards which we think might shape the meta.
Before you craft anything, don't forget that you'll get some free copies of many of the new cards!
- The region rewards for Shurima, Targon, and Ionia’s Region Roads have been extended by 4 levels each.
- Remember that Riot has changed the reward structure:
- Shurima's unlocked levels will be 26-29.
- It remains to be seen if they will have been changed to unlock a Champion Card at Level 26 or if we will need to grind to Level 28 for a Champion Capsule for our free Zilean.
Day 1 Decks
Make sure to check out our article that endol133 has written for theorycraft decks!
Also, check back with us as we'll be posting some of the prominent decks we see streamers play after the expansion goes live.
Share Your Own Decks
Have a deck that is working or you're theorycrafting? You can build decks with all the new (and old) cards in our deckbuilder. Bonus points if you write a guide after saving your deck to the site so that everyone can learn from your experience.
Don't forget about all the new cosmetics, including the adorable Chip Guardian!
Chrono Chip Guardian
Time Temple Board
Irelia & Zilean Emotes
Other than that, as always, don't forget to stay hydrated and good luck!