We've got an interesting video from Riot today that teases a new lab coming in Patch 2.8.0 this week on May 19.
The lab is titled "Duo Queue: Shared Spoils" and lets you queue up with a friend and together you will both be fighting separate opponents. Here is everything we know so far about the lab:
- You can queue into it with a friend.
- You and your friend will fight another duo queue pair, fighting two 1v1 matches.
- You can select up to 3 decks to bring into the lab. Decks appear to be shared with your friend.
- There are starting bonuses.
- Trickery: Create in hand a copy of a random spell in hand.
- "Supply Drops" provide you and your friend with a special card.
- You can use the 2v2 lab emotes to help communicate which cards you want in the drops.
- If a tie occurs, one player is selected to play a 1v1 tie-breaking match.
Duo Queue: Shared Spoils Rewards
There are end-of-game rewards in the lab for winners and both you and your friend will get to decide who gets which rewards.
- These rewards are in the form of a capsule.
- Two different capsules have been seen but we have not yet seen their possible contents.
- Card Jackpot Capsule
- Cosmetic Jackpot Capsule
Duo Queue: Shared Spoils Teaser
Here's the video from Riot teasing the new lab.