Riot Games has announced a new card game - Legends of Runeterra!
- You can currently pre-register for access right now! Preview Patch launches tonight.
- The Preview Patch has core gameplay, matchmaking, region rewards, a vault, and quests.
- The November Patch will include Drafting and More Player Invites.
- The game launches sometime in 2020.
- You'll be able to play on PC, iOS, and Android. Preview appears to be PC only.
What We Know About Legends of Runeterra
- Skill Above All - It's all about the choices you make and the risks you take. Every move matters and the outplays are all up to you.
- Craft Your Strategy - Combine, adapt, and experiment with frequent new releases for every region in an always-evolving meta.
- Your Cards, Your Way - Earn cards for free as you play or buy exactly what you want in the store— you’re in control of your collection.
- Decks consist of 40 cards.
- You may use up to 2 regions in your deck.
Start of the Game
- You'll get 4 cards from your deck (of 40 cards) and may choose to mulligan them on an individual basis. There is no mulligan penalty.
- Your "health" will be set to 20 at the start. This is called your Nexus.
- The player that goes second does not receive compensation for doing so.
- Every round you alternate actions with your opponent. They play a card, you play a card
- One player goes on offence, one on defence.
- The player on offence gets to make a play. They can play a card, or attack.
- If they play a card, the defending player gets to play a card. Then they can choose to play a card or attack again.
- If they attack, defending player chooses blockers.
- There was also some sort of from hand buffs step going on during attacking.
- You can purchase individual cards in the shop - no pack RNG!
Types of Spells
There are three types of spell cards.
- Slow Spells - Used before or after combat.
- Fast Spells - Used before, during, or after combat. Can queue up multiple in a row.
- Burst Spells - Used before, during, or after combat. If you cast one, your turn won't end!
Legends of Runeterra Roadmap
Legends of Runeterra Cards
Each card is a part of a different region of Runeterra. You can see all the cards in our Legends of Runeterra card database.
- Shadow Isles - Death and Sacrifice
- Ionia - Storm of Steel
- Piltover & Zaun - Machinations and Mayhem
- Demacia - Magical Might
- Noxus - All-Out Assault
- Freljord - Frozen Fortitude
Decks may have multiple regions, much like how in magic you can use multiple types of lands.
Shadow Isles Cards
View all cards from the Shadow Isles
View all cards from Ionia
Piltover & Zaun Cards
View all cards from Piltover & Zaun
View all cards from Demacia
View all cards from Noxus
View all cards from Freljord
League of Legends 10th Anniversary Livestream
Out of Cards Plans for Legends of Runeterra
Our card database is already live! We also have a discussion forum up if you want to talk about the game.
Expect a deckbuilder in the near-future and more dedicated pages for the game!