Ultra Rapid Draw - Runeterra Labs
A high-speed, high-variety fiesta of deeply discounted cards and fast thinking!
Something's gone very wrong with the Temporal Transducer, and the Lab looks… a little different.
This mode's even quicker than Quick Draw. Each round you get a new hand of heavily discounted cards, and 4 mana to spend on them! Think fast, choose carefully, and ask yourself: What would Urf do?
- This game mode is very similar to the Quick Draw lab with subtle differences
- Your mana will start with 4 mana crystals and full spell mana; you crystal count won't increment like in normal matches
- You hand will be randomly-generated fleeting cards
- You'll start the game with a mulligan of 4 cards, 2 additional cards drawn after the mulligan, and 1 copy of Prolong
- When the round ends, you'll discard any unplayed fleeting cards (i.e., most of your hand) and draw 6 new cards
- Prolong is a 0-mana burst speed spell which will remove Fleeting from a single card. You start the game with one copy and receive an additional copy at the start of every odd-numbered round.
- The card costs work as follows:
- Cards that would normally cost 0-2 mana cost 0
- Cards that would normally cost 3-4 mana cost 1
- Cards that would normally cost 5-7 mana cost 2
- Cards that would normally cost 8-15 mana cost 3
- Creating a exact copy of any card will reduce its cost again.
- Anything that is based around a card's mana cost like Concurrent Timelines and Ethereal Remitter will use the reduced cost and should be avoided
This is a very RNG-centric lab geared towards winning quick or losing quick. Some games will simply be "low rolled" and unsalvageable. Here are a few secrets to helping you win the more competitive matches, though:
- Try to float spell mana when you can. Many games are decided by one player "popping off" when their able to use their spell mana to play a powerful series of cards in a single round
- Be very selective in how you use your Prolongs -- if none of your current options are great, don't be afraid to save it for a future round. Some good targets include:
- Warmother's Call and Feel The Rush are extremely powerful in this game mode and almost always worth playing
When We've Seen Ultra Rapid Draw
|Wednesday, March 31, 2021||Wednesday, April 14, 2021|