Kaldheim Set Mechanics
Kaldheim brings 2 new mechanics, as well as featuring 4 returning mechanics.
For 2 generic mana, you can exile a card with foretell, allowing you to cast it for an alternate cost on a later turn.
After a creature with boast has declared attackers, you can pay its boast cost to activate an ability, but only once per turn.
Modal Double-Faced Cards
Returning from Zendikar Rising are the Modal Double-Faced Cards, MDFCs. Not only do we have the 4 remaining MDFC lands, but we also have a cycle of gods with nonland permanents on the other side.
Flip Card Flip Card Flip Card Flip Card
Returning to standard from Coldsnap, we have snow mana. Certain cards require snow mana, which can be any mana generated from a snow permanent, which will mainly be snow-covered lands.
Returning from Theros: Beyond Death are Sagas. When a saga enters the battlefield, you put a counter on it and activate the first ability on the card. During your next draw step, you put a counter on it and trigger the ability with the number of counters on the saga. After the third ability, you sacrifice the enchantment.
Returning to standard from Lorwyn is Changeling. Creatures with changeling have every creature type, resulting in being very easy to fit into tribal decks.
Kaldheim Mastery Pass
- All players can unlock 33 Kaldheim booster packs for playing for free.
- Playing for free can also unlock 5 mastery orbs.
- For Paid players, there are an additional 20 packs from standard legal sets.
- There are also 3 bear pets that can level up throughout the pass.
- The paid pass also includes different card styles, 20 mastery orbs, gold, and gems.