Links in this article that go to Amazon are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Out of Cards earns from qualifying purchases.
Wizards of the Coast held the Strixhaven debut stream today to show off Strixhaven and we've got everything important recapped below.
- You can pre-order physical Magic products over on Amazon.
- An update is going out to MTG Arena today to allow you to pre-order packs.
Important Strixhaven Information
- Go big or go home! The overall theme of the set.
- New Mechanic: Magecraft - Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell, trigger this effect.
- New Mechanic: Ward X - Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player pays X.
- New Mechanic: Learn - You may reveal a Lesson card you own from outside the game and put it into your hand, or discard a card to draw a card.
- Modal DFCs make a return in Strixhaven.
- Strixhaven also brings along the Mystical Archive, reprints of classic cards. Historic is getting 56 of the cards from the Mystical Archive. As of now, we do not know which cards are being brought to Historic.
- Strixhaven is a prestigious college for sharpening one's magical skills.
- There are 5 different schools at Strixhaven, each specializing in a different area of study.
- The set launches on April 15th.
Mystical Archive Spoilers
Lightning Bolt - R
Deal 3 damage to any target
Inquisition of Kozilek - B
Target player reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card from it with converted mana cost 3 or less. That player discards that card.