Probably the second worse Battle Pass I've seen behind The Avengers Battle Passess. This system as it stands completly kills F2P and has now become P2W. It incentivises you to buy both preorders just to make sure you have enough cards to compete in the meta and have fun decksperimenting. Probably by the time you complete it and start earning and saving gold as you level up (You know, the thing that people want to do before the next expansion), the new expanison will be just around the corner. And let's not forget the mini-expanison in-between that. This is probably f**king Activision getting their greedy hands on Blizzard's games and monitizing the s**t out of them just to increase profits. Well you are going to turn alot of heads for both Veterans and new players if things stay the way they are.
As AngryJoe would say:
Well I must be getting lucky. I'm currently 3-1 against Demon Hunters with my Highlander Priest at the moment.
Cubelock players in Wild are probably salivating this right now.
As much as I want to say that the Shaman quest needs a nerf because I hate seeing every other f**king game at the moment, we need to see in a week or two how the meta turns out. If it turns out that Quest Galakrond Shaman is oppresive and everywhere in a week or two, then it will get nerfed. Blizzard were very quick to respond to nerfing certain cards in the last expansion and I would imagine they would do the same thing this expansion if needed.
Same thing happend to me Yesterday with Garrosh and King Rastakhan.
I had to do it.
Quote From KovachutQuote From Snapshot426I put Hagatha's Scheme in my deck and it has done very well dealing with boards. Interesting. You probably run the Storm Chaser as well, right? What kind of decks do you face more often?
Quote From Snapshot426I put Hagatha's Scheme in my deck and it has done very well dealing with boards.
I put Hagatha's Scheme in my deck and it has done very well dealing with boards.
Interesting. You probably run the Storm Chaser as well, right? What kind of decks do you face more often?
Mainly Midrange and tempo decks of all shapes and sizes, some meta, but mainly off meta. But I have faced quite a bit of Renolocks and Reno Priests lately. Also, I don't run Storm Chaser for two reasons. 1. No room in the deck. 2. If I have Hagatha's Scheme in my opening hand (which I normally do), I want to keep it. Even when I don't, I normally wish I did.
Glad to see I'm not the only one trying Quest Jade Shaman. I initially tried it with C'thun cards but eventually cut them to double down on the Jades. I put Hagatha's Scheme in my deck and it has done very well dealing with boards.
I've only seen one Quest Druid, one Quest Hunter, two tempo Rogues (one with and one without the quest) and last meta decks, Bomb Warriror and Big Shaman. It's mainly been Highlander Mage and Quest Priest that I keep seeing on ladder.
I opened 129 packs. I got 8 legendaries out of it. The highlight of my pack opening was this.
I think Zephrys granted my wish before I get to play it.
The Priest one becuase it seems every free legendary I get when a new expanison releases is the Priest Legndary. The only exception is The Boomsday Project when I got Dr. Boom, Mad Genius. This is no joke, this has happened all the way back to Kolbolds and Catacombs when I got Dragon Soul as the free Legendary Weapon.
I think it is mainly because people would rather play Dr. Boom, Mad Genius than the quest most of the time so it gets overshadowed.
Speaking as a standard and Wild Player, both formats have influenced my decision
Top 5 Best
5.Plague of Murlocs: Devolve was already a good card for Shaman decks since you can remove any problem minion or annoying deathrattles. But Plague of Murlocs card can be seen as un ugrade to Devolve. Murlocs are usually, weakly statted so they can be easily removed aftwerwards. Minion focused Shaman decks would probably still play Devolve due to not wanting to f**k up their own board but this card is nasty against Big Priest since you can screw over their ressurection pool. Other than that good card for Control Shaman decks.
4. EVIL Recruiter: The self destruction effect is specific but since lackeys were already used in Zoo thanks to EVIL Cable Rat and EVIL Genius. With Sinister Deal being added to the game, a 3 mana 8/8 worth of stats doesn't seem like a bad idea to play in a Zoo deck. It would only probably get better as well since there would be no doubt that we would get more Lackey generators in the next expanison.
3. Corrupt the Waters: This card is just great, both in standard and wild. Battlecries were already a strong suit in Shaman but this amplifies it to another level. lackeys are already great activators for this card. Along with Weaponized Wasp and cards we already have like Swampqueen Hagatha and Lifedrinker to benefit from this. This deck has the potential to snowball and should be watched out for at the beginning of the expansion. In Wild, you have Jade cards, enough said.
2. Hyena Alpha: The dreaded 4 mana 7/7 meme returns with this card. Secret Hunter is already a good deck but this may push it even further with having a nasty 4 mana play. Coupled with this being able to be drawn with Master's Call and you have a card that can probably swing a game.
1. Zephrys the Great: If I wasn't considering Wild for this, then Hyena Alpha would be number 1, but since I am, then Reno decks are going to love this card. Being able to get the perfect card for the situation is great thanks to its flexibility. It might be THE reason that Highlander decks see play in standard due to the strength of this card.
Siamat: Splashable like Zilliax but less so due to it being 7 mana. But we haven't had a great late game neutral drop since The Lich King so this can probably fill a void in standard.
Restless Mummy: I think people forgot how good this card is due to it having reborn and rush. You can do 6 damage to one minion, or split it between two minions. That's good flexibility that Militia Commander wished it had.
Bazaar Burglary: With Clever Disguise being added to the game as well, this quest is actually really easy to complete and you are giving tempo Rogues a chance to give them a 3/2 weapon for 2 mana each turn.
Top 5 Worst Cards
5. Micro Mummy:If the attention was to play the card after you played the quest, then it is an incredibly weak turn 2 play of simply playing a 2 mana 1/2 that does nothing unless somehow, you have a minion already on the board. if Master Swordsmith doesn't see play then what are the odds that this will. Having reborn and being a Mech does help but there are simply just better cards to play and you would only play this card just to complete the quest quicker. Some of you may disagree with this but it's just not a good card in my eyes.
4. Brazen Zealot: If it was a 1/2, then this would be a good card. But being a 2/1 means that it would just be killed by pretty much anything that can deal damage. You can buff it sure, but you know that your opponent would just kill it the first chance they get so it is just not worth it.
3. Mortuary Machine: The downside is just not worth it. A 5 mana 8/8 is huge but the drawback can be a detriment pretty much all of the time, especially if your opponent plays a taunt minon or a rush minion.
2. Generous Mummy: Giving your opponent any type of advantage is a detriment to you (Unless you are playing Coldlight Oracle you Rogue milling f**kers) without it benefiting you as well. What we get with this card is a 3 mana 5/4 with reborn that helps your opponent. I'm sorry, but the stats aren't worth it and the reborn just makes it worse because you have to kill it twice in order to get rid of the effect.
1. Desert Obelisk: This one is just obvious. Star Aligner only saw top tier play in wild because of the Aviana, Kun combo. But ever since Aviana got nerfed, it has seen no play. But this card it strictly worse. Bad sats, requires a deck built around this card and the effect is so mediocre that it is just not worth it. Remove one of them and the the card is essenitally useless. Being at the end of the turn does help but again, the effect is mediocre.
Sunstruck Henchman: 4 mana do nothing and will continue to do nothing if you are unlucky enough.
Anubisath Warbringer: An effect like that should be for the mid game and not the late game. I imagine it is like that because of Anka, the Buried but I doubt you would want to run these two cards together, especially since there is a certain Old, Mech God you would rather play.
Wasteland Assassin: 2 more mana to give Jungle Panther reborn. Next.
Probably what we will all do
Here's the next
Edit: DAMN IT. Someone beat me to it.
It's Twisting Nether but with a silence effect. Which makes it better because Deathrattle and Reborn effects won't activate then. 9 mana is steep but it guarentees the board will be completely cleared.