We've got a new patch out this evening that aims to fix some issues that have been ongoing since the launch of Mercenaries on Tuesday. You can read all the changes down below.
As of posting the patch is not yet live, but they are in the process of deploying it. We do not have an exact time that it will arrive.
Quote From GnomeSayin
10/14 Update: We are currently in the process of deploying a patch to all regions that includes the following fixes and updates:
- Fixes a bug that blocked players from building a Merchant Cart and completing the tutorial.
- Corrects the following Equipment’s effects to match their text: The Lich King’s Helm of Domination, Tyrande’s Band of the Wild, and Malfurion’s Liferoot Staff.
- Fixes Gul’dan’s Staff of Chaos so that it no longer improperly triggers while Gul’dan is on the Bench.
- Fixes a bug that impacted Leaderboards for all modes.
- Reduces the frequency of Diamond card emotes.
- Finishes resolution of bug causing crashes when players click to see Fighting Pit rewards.
- Improves overall system efficiency and reduces crashes.
- Changes it so that your Task Board now fully refills all empty standard slots each day (2-4, depending on if you have upgraded your Campfire), instead of refilling 2 each day.
We will continue to monitor, investigate, and heal-up the remaining issues, including through another client patch expected to go out within the next week. We will continue to share updates in this post.
If you "abandon" a task, is it supposed to replace it with a new one (like re-rolling daily quests)? I tried this yesterday and the visitor was just gone ... feelsbadman.
One bug not mentioned here, but encountered by a few people, including Brian Kibler: Cairne's second task -- which unlocks his first piece of equipment -- requires you to use Endurance Aura 10 times. However, it will look like it never progresses.
Thankfully, there's a solution: using Cairne's Foot Stomp ability seems to "unblock" the achievement. I immediately got the "Task Completed" message as soon as I finished the battle.
Thank you for this info. But do you know to progress Cariels 2nd task (cast taunt 10 times)? Doesn't seem to make progress either...
Edit: never mind. It worked...
"Changes it so that your Task Board now fully refills all empty standard slots each day (2-4, depending on if you have upgraded your Campfire), instead of refilling 2 each day."
Whattttt? That's awesome.
I'm glad that was just a bug, and that they fixed it so fast. When I only got two tasks this morning my first thought was "why the hell did I need to upgrade that?"