The beloved theorycrafting streams have returned for Year of the Hydra's kick-off party featuring Voyage to the Sunken City. Things are a little bit different this time around though so pay close attention.
- Twitch Drops Return! Watching any Hearthstone stream today means you can earn yourself card packs.
- Earn 1 Sunken City card pack for watching 2 hours.
- Earn 1 More Sunken City card pack for watching an additional 2 hours.
- Wild Streamers Join the Fun! This time around, Blizzard has invited a large number of Wild streamers to also broadcast the expansion early.
- Pre-Release Weekend! You can open your packs early by creating a private Fireside Gathering.
Twitch Drops, and Theorycrafting begins at 9 AM Pacific (12 PM Eastern, 6 PM CEST).
Our Card Pack Simulator is LIVE for Voyage to the Sunken City! Test your luck...
Who is Participating in Theorycrafting Streams for Sunken City?
Well, Blizzard hasn't exactly made this task easy to complete, but, there are a lot more streamers than usual. Blizzard posted an official list of those participating in the Americas region since, apparently, the primary Hearthstone account only deals with North America as "each region promotes their invites differently".
This list is the NA invitees. Each region promotes their invites differently
Realistically, you can just go to Twitch when it starts and find someone to watch. We're recommending you check out SuperBlindman and FunkiMonki on the Standard side of things or if Wild is more your jam, ClarkHellscream and Zeddy would love to see you. Note that Kibler will not be participating anymore as his dog Shiro had to be taken to the emergency vet. Hope everything goes well, Brian & Shiro!
North American Standard Theorycraft Streamers
North American Wild Theorycraft Streamers
Join us starting tomorrow, April 7, for the first look at the gameplay of Hearthstone’s upcoming expansion, Voyage to the Sunken City! In these theorycrafting livestreams, your favorite content creators are coming together to dive deep into the treasures the new expansion has to offer. This time, there will also be a Wild portion of the event, featuring some of the top names in the Wild community!
- Standard Format: There must be at least 10 Voyage to the Sunken City cards included in each deck (can be 10 unique cards or 2x copies of 5 unique cards).
- Wild Format: There must be at least 1 Legendary and 4 additional Voyage to the Sunken City cards included in each deck (for a total of 5+ cards per deck).
How to Watch
Invited players will be streaming their participation on their own personal streams, so make sure that you’re following your favorite Hearthstone content creators and tune in when they go live during the following time periods.
Europe/Americas: April 7, 9am to 3pm (PT)
Asia-Pacific: April 8, 1am – 6 am (PT)*
* All Wild participants will be playing during the EU/Americas time slot, regardless of their region.
Twitch Drops are Enabled
From April 7 at 9 am to April 8 at 11 pm (PT), watch a total of 2 hours of any stream across the Hearthstone category to earn 1 Voyage to the Sunken City card pack! Watch for another 2 hours and you can earn a second Voyage to the Sunken City card pack! Card packs will be locked until the expansion launches on April 12. You must link your Twitch and Battle.net accounts in order for your time watched to award drops. Here’s how:
- Login or create an account on Twitch.tv.
- Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
- Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
- When connecting accounts, make sure that you’re currently logged into the Battle.net account on which you’d like to receive your rewards.
In addition to category-wide Twitch Drops, players participating in the theorycrafting event have been given Pre-Purchase bundle codes that they will be giving out to their respective audiences during the theorycrafting event. So make extra sure that you tune in to your favorite streamer during the period listed above for their region.
You can open your Pre-Purchase packs early at a private pre-release Fireside Gathering the weekend before Voyage to the Sunken City goes live on April 12. Private pre-release Fireside Gatherings can take place between April 8, 10:00 a.m. (PT) and April 11, 10:00 a.m. (PT). In the event you should open them in your pre-release packs, Sir Finley, Sea Guide and Golden copies of Ambassador Faelin will eligible for full dust refunds until April 13, at 10:00 a.m. (PT).
In light of the ongoing global health risks associated with in-person gatherings, we’ve disabled the ability to create public events. We do, however, want individuals at home to have an opportunity to partake in the upcoming pre-release weekend, so we’ll be keeping private event functionality intact.
Private Fireside Gatherings will:
- Be eligible to receive Nemsy Necrofizzle if they fulfill all hosting prerequisites. This means having an established Tavern. Learn more about how to establish your Tavern here.
- Be eligible for the Fireside Gatherings card back.
- Allow event listing creation the same day as the event is meant to be hosted.
- Have the same Fireside Brawls as public Fireside Gatherings.
- Be visible on the website to only the innkeeper hosting it. The Fireside Gathering itself will be visible in the game client and participants will be able to search for and find it in the client as well.
Private Fireside Gatherings will NOT:
- Be visible on Tavern or upcoming event pages.
- Show up in the search function on the upcoming events page.
- Count towards any Tavern or Innkeeper progression. They will not count towards establishing your Tavern. You will still need to host public events in the future as part of establishing your Tavern.