Monumental just released a new patch for Mythgard. Not much stuff going on here, as it's mostly a bug-fixing patch, but it does mean that we're getting closer and closer to the much anticipated re-release of the game. Of note is that some of the fixes are focused on the web version of the game, so there's a chance it might make a return after it was discontinued by Rhino in Patch 20.1.7.
There is some fun stuff going on, though. A new Card Material has been added to the game, one that's unlockable by finding a dev account and sending them to the Shadow Realm beating them in a game.
You can check out the full patch notes bellow!
This is mostly a bug fixing patch and some backend work.
There is, however, a new card back you can earn by beating a Monumental developer in-game. (The legacy Rhino dev card back will no longer be granted but will remain available for any user who already owns it.)
- Added internal services for better tooling
- Improved the forced update flow
- Updates to the Mythgardgame.com website
- Web version of the game no longer appears as blank on launch
- Monumental dev card backs are now granted upon defeating accounts marked as developers
- Fixed a crash when exiting the game on Steam
- Fixed a scene stack bug when opening packs from the collection screen and then pressing the back button
- Fixed a bug with account sign-up not showing email/password error messages on some screen sizes
- Fixed a bug with support emails incorrectly inserting extra characters
- Fixed a bug with erratic scrolling when opening a filter box on the collection and deck edit screens
- Fixed a bug with the “Ahaha” emote using the incorrect asset
- Fixed a bug on web builds that would restart background music from the beginning when browser tab was unfocused
- Fixed a bug on web builds that showed an error popup whenever the window was resized or going full screen
- Fixed a bug that would lock the match when a player had to discard a number of cards but had less than that number of cards in their hand
- Fixed a bug where cards with longer detail text like Victorious Podium were cut off
- Fixed a bug where the GG button hint placement was clipped off by the screen
- Fixed a bug involving missing visuals in the battle history when actions targeted a deck or graveyard
- Fixed a bug in which card pack purchases were rendered as invisible in some circumstances
- Fixed a bug where the store screen would freeze after buying two boards in a row
- Fixed an issue on web, where the game would not load automatically. Added a new loading indicator for web.
Unfortunately, the patch added a bug that prevents users with a space in their name from logging in. While the team is working on a fix, you can contact them directly via either Twitter or Discord.
We're aware of a bug preventing login for users with a space in their name. We're working on resubmitting a new build to fix this. If you're affected in the meantime and would like a temporary name change, please DM us and we'll get you sorted.
Are you excited for Mythgard's return? Let us know in the comment bellow!